50 state legal Black Powder Suppressors

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Legion489, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and techsar like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You had better MAKE SURE, that it will ONLY fit your BP Muzzle Loader, and NOT any other FireArm in your Possession..... or. You will face Criminal Preseqution for NFA Violations....

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

My BP rifle hardly makes a report without any suppression.

Tully Mars, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"Because of this, a moderator that is permanently affixed to a muzzleloader is not legally defined as a silencer, since it does not attach to a firearm."

I'll let someone else be the stalking horse on that one.

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Imagine the sound it does make as the trapped unburned powder finally lights off inside the can! Never figured any of my front stuffers were really that loud, so never had reason to want/need to suppress them, although a muzzle break might be kind of nice!

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Federally you're good.
    But if your state has gone full retard like Virginia and considers bb guns and muzzle loaders as a firearm and if your state prohibits silencers (but Virginia doesn't have anything again silencers) you could be in trouble.
    Or they may not even care, kind like if a muzzle loader is fired in the woods and no one else hears it, who cares.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

This State I am currently in thinks a loaded magazine is a firearm.....

8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

My muzzleloaders are filthy enough after firing without adding a giant ash trap at the front. It would absolutely have to come apart every time you were done firing. I get it, it's one of these "because we can" things.

Yard Dart, oldawg, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

yes, HD... the last thing one would want is any residual unburnt BP, building up in the Can's baffles.. and the ignited by a slight overload of Powder exiting the Barrel... Could be a catastrophic Explosion, with Shrapnel, from the Can's Materials... I hope those Yahoo!'s have Good Product Liability Insurance... I suspect they will be needing it...

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

You nailed it perfectly. It will be much more of a PITA than it's worth.

11. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Maybe this will work? 1265.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Wow, I have heard of some stupid things to get around hearing protection but a bomb on the end of your primitive weapon sort of raises the bar.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7