590 Moss Light Needed

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Yard Dart, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Just picked up my new 590 after a little mod and now need a light. Any suggestions on a good model for mid-range cost that fit's the job for home defense?

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Thanks for the feedback on what you are using. Looks like the reveiws are positive for the unit on Amazon. I agree with not using it for more that minimal use- never been a big fan of lights but think they have their place.

4. enough

enough Monkey++

I have that same mount on my 500. When you put it on, use some blue locktite and be careful of the head, You can strip it out. Its not finished very well, but it "fits" my need.

I have a Streamlight 69215 TLR-1s that swaps between my ar and my 500. It has the same controls and functions as my 69210 (?) that is handgun mounted. We have too much dark in MI and I prefer the ability to light something up than not. I have never head a failure with a streamlight. I don't mind spending a couple extra bucks for them. I haven't paid more than $100 for either though.

5. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Guess I went with the other end, I put a surefire forend on my 590A1. All the controls are integral to the forend now, no extra wires to secure or external switched to mount.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7