1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

597 opinions

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Vetter, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Vetter

Vetter Monkey+

I have been buying rimfire ammo for a couple of year,s despite the fact that the only thing I have to shoot it with was a conversion for my Glock 19.
    The current sitiuation led me to order a pair of 597s yesterday. I then bought another used one while talking to a budy that needed some money. So now I will have three.
    The only personal experience I have with a .22 in a long gun is with my fathers Winchester model 61. What are your personal experiences with the 597? Good? Bad?
  2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

The last-round hold open is very nice on the 597s. Those will be worth gold one day.
  3. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless Site Supporter

I can't speak of the 597 personally, but I've heard only good things about it.

Having 3 of them is an excellent decision - you have interchangeable parts and magazines, which should serve you well in the long run. If parts start to break and/or wear out, you have a complete set of spare parts in your other rifles. If all 3 guns break, combine parts to make 1 or 2 good ones. You have chosen... wisely. [winkthumb]
    CATO likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary