597 opinions

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Vetter, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Vetter

Vetter Monkey+

I have been buying rimfire ammo for a couple of year,s despite the fact that the only thing I have to shoot it with was a conversion for my Glock 19.
    The current sitiuation led me to order a pair of 597s yesterday. I then bought another used one while talking to a budy that needed some money. So now I will have three.
    The only personal experience I have with a .22 in a long gun is with my fathers Winchester model 61. What are your personal experiences with the 597? Good? Bad?

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

The last-round hold open is very nice on the 597s. Those will be worth gold one day.

3. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

I can't speak of the 597 personally, but I've heard only good things about it.

Having 3 of them is an excellent decision - you have interchangeable parts and magazines, which should serve you well in the long run. If parts start to break and/or wear out, you have a complete set of spare parts in your other rifles. If all 3 guns break, combine parts to make 1 or 2 good ones. You have chosen... wisely. [winkthumb]

CATO likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7