5th Amendment providing evidence against yourself.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by VisuTrac, Sep 12, 2012.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Good read. I like the split password. ;)

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Momma, and I, each hold the KeySets, for the others Encryption System. I could claim, and NOT be lying, that I have No Knowledge of the KeySet that is used on my personal Encrypted Information, and it would be very hard for ANYONE to prove that I did. The same holds true, for her. It also means that we can NOT be forced to testify against each other. Very simple, and Totally Legal for Married Couples. It is a rare Day when we need to open those files, in the first place, and we have a NUKE Option on our computers, that when triggered, will encrypt the entire Drives, on the fly, using those KeySets... The best defense is to SAY NOTHING, PERIOD, when they come to get you. If you read the case files on this ISSUE, the folks were way to chatty with the FEDs, and they used that information against them, in Court, to try and FORCE, the PassPhrases. Make them PROVE to the Court, every little bit of information, on their own...... ...... YMMV

STANGF150 and Georgia_Boy like this.
  4. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

So if you don't tell them what they want to know, you wind up in jail for contempt? What if you already have contempt? Lol. Seriously, it's what? Give them the key and incriminate yourself and go to jail OR don't give them the key and go to jail? Sounds like a win win. Hello. This is just one step. Just because it's not money laundering, it will have an affect on other areas of your security. If a person has nothing to hide, just likes his personal security and uses encryption then I guess he's guilty of hiding something. So the new line will be that if you don't have anything to hide, you wouldn't use encryption? It is not a matter of we think he's a mobster, it's the fact he used encryption. Only goobermints and banks should need encryption. One more way they are slowly pushing their ideals on us. Or am I completely off the mark?

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The question that needs to be ANSWERED, by .GOV is, "What right does the .GOV have to my Personal Information, without a "Reasonable Suspicion" demonstrated to a Judge, who then issued a Warrant for said Personal Information, and abiding by to the 4th, and 5th Amendments, to our Constitution? The answer is "NONE" and therefore any involuntary questioning, Responses, only opens these backdoors around those same Amendments. So, "Shut the F**K UP" and make them PROVE the issues. Do NOT help them beat you up, legally.

franks71vw, Motomom34 and VisuTrac like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"
    If you are talking to any LEO or Government agency, you'd better have counsel by your side.
    "Anything you say can and will be used against you"
    If you lie, embellish, brag, or even tell the truth, they can use that as a path to ask more and more questions.

So as our Esteemed monkey BTPost so eloquently phrased it "Shut the F**K UP!"
    Sage advice if I've ever heard any.

Motomom34 and Georgia_Boy like this.
  7. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

Code:
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=13px][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#000000]The best defense is to SAY NOTHING, PERIOD, when they come to get you. If you read the case files on this ISSUE, the folks were way to chatty with the FEDs, and they used that information against them, in Court, to try and FORCE, the PassPhrases. Make them PROVE to the Court, every little bit of information, on their own...... ...... YMMV[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT][LEFT][SIZE=13px][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#000000]

Bruce, Amen brother! I like the encrypt/erase fail pass code option.......
    GB

8. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

I used to tell my platoon that they should never document their own NJP. In other words, don't take pictures and videos (and post them) and don't talk to anyone when they get read their rights. Might as well make the man earn his pay...

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7