60mm mortar

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Automotive honing stones, perhaps?

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I can't hone the inside from 2.25 to 2.38''.

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Interesting concept....3D printed explosive munitions. Although the point of impact, if indeed it was caused by the 3D printed Mortar indicates significant damage at the point of impact, I have to wonder at the fragmentation value of the plastic casing when detonated??? The compressed air potato gun could also be used for firing confetti bombs too I guess. ;)

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't think they have tried adding fragmentation yet.

duane and sec_monkey like this.
  6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[ROFL]

da range uv dat ting is reel bad, dey is gonna frag demselves along wid da target if dey aint careful

if ya wanna git sometin dat werks ya gotta git 81mm 120mm or 240mm jus sayn [ 60mm is small 76mm is meh fer a mortar ]

81mm is portable wid a crew uv 3

120mm is moar heavy

240mm is towed or self propelled like da 2S4 da rooskies is usin

even bttr it is 2024, git yerself sec monkey drones dey can werk gud, buy em now [winkthumb] [winkthumb]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    duane and Zimmy like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It was just a test.
    I had an air cannon that was just a toy and was the first and only version I built. It would throw a 20oz water bottle out of sight.
    I think the point of the video was to show the item leave air cannon and have it land inframe and do it's thing. For entertainment purposes, because its utube.

sec_monkey and duane like this.
  8. chelloveck

A mortar cautionary tale....

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I kind of figured that's what would happen.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Targets are 200m away first shot over shoots by about 100m. Sounds like a typical air cannon to me. People tend to underestimate their power.
    The M203 only lobs an 8oz projectile around 300m.
    Their first try air cannon that lobs a 1kg package as far as a m203... Sounds like a viable weapon to me.
    Yeah a 2 mile range would be nice but it's made out of hardware store and ebay junk.

11. chelloveck

300metres is a reasonable distance....would need a sighting and range graticule system....laser rangefinder would work, just need a set of potato range tables for range and elevation ;)

FM 23-91 Chptr 2 Fundamentals of Mortar Gunnery

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7