64 year old says it's never too late to get fit.

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Sapper John, tulianr and kellory like this.
  2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

My dad walks several miles every evening, and on his walks he stops by the fire station to do pushups off the curb. It started out innocently enough, until some of the guys at the station saw him and started egging him on. Of course with a bunch of healthy twenty and thirty year olds watching, the old man wasn't about to quit until he collapsed. That was a few years ago and he hasn't quit showing off by the fire station. Last I heard he was up to a little over 500.

Dad just turned 80 this year.

Some of these old guys put us all to shame.

3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Excellent. Just turned 60 myself and have been working on the body in a regular and semi-serious way for the last three years or so, although I was never in really bad shape like most of my friends (one of which is 62, 5'6" and over 250 lbs. Don't know how much longer he's going to be around after he's had two heart attacks).

Staying in good physical condition affects your whole mental state as well. Makes me want to be a survivor just to meet the challenge.

gunbunny, ditch witch and tulianr like this.
  4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Good show!

I'm an old fart in the making, and seeing guys much older than me keeps me going.

Keeping active does make you feel well mentally, not just physically.

5. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

500 pushups?! Are you kidding me?!!!

I started a six years ago when my son was in the Army and I agreed to workout with him while he was in basic. We'd talk regularly and he passed his PT test and I was up to 50 pushups. (When I started I could do only 6) I let it go a few years back and now I need to jump back in. This post may be my motivator!

6. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

It makes my mom insane. "He's OBSESSED!" she frets. The doctor even got onto him, made him stop for a while, but he said he felt really bad when he did so he went right back to it. It's funny to see him. He's over 6 ft, and skinny like old men get with chicken legs and no butt to hold his pants up, and then he has these big pecs and shoulders.

For the record I'm young enough to be their grandchild.

Sapper John and Brokor like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Dunerunner
  17. dagdevıren
  18. DarkLight
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7