7% of Americans believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows???

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by chelloveck, Jun 19, 2017.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

One teat looks like any other teat to a hungry suckling mammal....and mamalian mothers have been known to give suck to the infants of other species....such are the stuff of legends....

Romulus and Remus come to mind

[​IMG]
    Romulus and Remus - History Learning Site

Gator 45/70, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That dog nursing the cubs looks worried.

Big Ron, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I'm starting to think 'Jungle book' this is too deep for me.

Or are we discussing how to lie with statistics?

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I joked with my kids about the special chocolate milk cows! Then I asked them how cows eat green grass and white milk comes out.
    Followed up with the whole what came first the chicken or the egg stuff.

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  5. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

aaa.

I remember having to exsplain to my cousin (city boy) where eggs come from...
    Think I traumatized him for life LOL.

oldman11, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

@runswithdogs - the kids get skeeved out thinking about a cloaca.

7. I beg to differ that breed of cow does not affect color (colour) of milk. When I was growing up my parents had Brown Swiss, their milk was white. Then we got some Guernsey heifers their milk was yellow. The neighbor had Holsteins and their milk was blue. Color is dependent on fat content. Oh and by the way the yellow milk made the BEST ice cream EVER!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

My paternal Grandfather always had a Guernsey and a Jersey as my Father often mentioned when we talked about the old days. I somehow failed to ask why and have become curious since Dad passed away. I find that there were many, many, questions I wish I'd asked my older more rural relatives before they passed. I've kind of assumed that maybe one breed was better for milk, cheese, or butter than the other. Curious if anybody has an angle on that.

oldman11 likes this.
  9. I know this thread is aging, but is this on the level? Do people really think meat, milk, and eggs come from factories? Visit an Oscar Meyer facility, or Louis Rich or Hormel. See what a kill floor looks like. Growing up on a farm I learned early on what "a chicken with it's head chopped off" meant. I also helped butcher rabbits, chickens, ducks, geese, beeves and hogs. Not something I enjoyed. But had to be done if we were to eat.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    oldman11 likes this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

On the monkey, old threads never die, they just fray around the ends and edges.

And yes there are snowflakes that think egg and meats are grown someplace and brought to the stores. Hard to understand, much less believe, but there really is a disconnect between knowing what a cow is and the meat counter in the supermarket.

oldman11 and Yard Dart like this.
  11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

When SHTF....the snowflakes will realize these facts really quick..... or die. ;)
    I suspect the massive die off of urban folks, due to lack of food in a few days, will get the country back in balance. :)

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm not sure whether you are making an optimistic....or a pessimist prediction. :unsure: Oh...missed the smiley

I wouldn't bet on a massive die off....I'm sure that many will find long distant rural kin to billet with.....or adjust their palates to fare from zoos and aquaria, for as long as those resources last: Hungry humans are quite adaptable.

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  13. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Then there are the people who feel morally superior to hunters, because even though they are meat eaters, they didn't kill anything to get their meat! They don't like it when I point out that all they did is hire a hit man to do the dirty work!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7