70's Only.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Dec 31, 2016.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Leisure suits and lounge lizards. Bleah.

Altoidfishfins and Meat like this.
  2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Took me most of the seventies to get over the sixties. Didn't even know we had seventies till the eighties.

chelloveck, Meat and Ganado like this.
  3. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

The 70's eked out the 60's as the best decade ever only because I was born in '71! ;)

Meat likes this.
  4. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

And disco still sucks!!! Had a "Disco Sucks" tee shirt back then, rock and roll forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

All that Disco, stuff was only for Citified Folks... Real country folks just laughed, and then continued to Clog.....

6. duane

duane Monkey+++

70's were good and bad, all over the place. Days on airplanes going no where and seeing nothing, saying the h*** with college and 9-5 in an office and ending up a foreman in a plastic factory. Living in a commune, being a machinist making ball bearings, a little bit of everything. watching the country go up in smoke, war, Nixon resigning, inflation, etc. I still don't know how we made it as a country as there were many days I had my doubts we would. Still all in all, can look back at as the good old times.

Oltymer, Caveman Jim and Meat like this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

20 beer for a buck !!
    some is restricted

Meat likes this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The cars in the early 70's were the best too. A lady at our church drove a Plymouth Superbird. Sublime green. Right now I'm searching for a 71 Dodge Demon. Finders fee. $$$.
    Here's the Superbird.
    Plymouth Superbird - Wikipedia [afro]

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Goin for the Glory

Being born in the late 50's, the crap that destroyed our nation in the 60's was almost non existent to me because I was into playing Army in the woods, catchin snakes, buildin forts, baseball and riding my stingray bike. The 70's were my most fun years with partying, gettin out of school, joining the Army and have been playin with guns ever since. The most I miss of those years was my 65 & 68 Mustangs, my body (lean n mean) and my HAIR!!!!!

10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

[afro]

11. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Charlie's Angels, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, little AM tramistor radio's, and let us not forget the syndicated reruns of The Brady Bunch.

Meat and Yard Dart like this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Getting together with your friends just to listen to records played through a huge silver face stereo rig and some even bigger speakers. Still have my turntable, open reel, and an integrated amp I bought when I was in high school. Still listen to big (by today's standards) speakers powered by separates - a mix of old, new, digital and analog..

No smartphones, no video, no distractions, just the music and the company.

This hasn't changed at least for me. My new setup before wiring when we moved into our new home - also in the middle of a refurb on the two amplifiers sitting on the far right and left on top.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My once upon a time speakers were DIY versions of the ones on the left. My "new" 1980's speakers on the right so everything so well I'm done looking for something better.
    upload_2017-1-10_10-23-39.

Meat and Yard Dart like this.
  13. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

I was born in 69, so my memories of the 70s are of riding lessons and horse shows on a little paint pony named Jody. I was able to explore my neighborhood back then and had a special place between my neighborhood and a golf course that had an island in a small Creek. I took my little sister around the neighborhood in my wagon and tried to sell her to the neighbors. That kind of freedom and roaming is gone. By the time I had kids, it wasn't safe to let them walk a few houses down to their friends house alone. Its one of the reasons I moved to the country. I wanted to raise my kids in an area where I felt safer and they could learn to be more self sufficient.

Yard Dart, Mountainman and Meat like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7