75 years in prison....

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Redneck Rebel, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

For recording the police.

75 Years in Prison For Videotaping Police - YouTube

The way I see it, as long as their cruisers are recording A/V without my consent I will continue to record them without their consent.

2. beast

beast backwoodsman

so video taping a cop is a much more serious crime than murder
    next thing you know jaywalking will be an executable offense

3. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

If they would pass jaywalking as an executable offense there woulnd't be a crackhead or a thief safe from me. Now as for being recorded don't bother me I have actually had people accuse me of thing and they recored it. Bring the tape in and it convicts them I love it they do my job for me and I get paid. All those officer need to remember don't break the law enforcing the law no problem.

4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I musta missed it. How many cops, DA's and innocent bystanders did he kill?

Sapper John and Alpha Dog like this.
  5. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

you have got to be kidding me! if the officer is in public doing his duty then there should be no expectation of privacy. i figure that if they can record me then i can record them.
    i hope the judge throws this crap out. basicaly life in prison for taping cops misbehaving......

jungatheart and Alpha Dog like this.
  6. Avarice

Avarice California Health Junkie

Seems ridiculous. Should always be able to videotape a cop while he is working, for the same reason that cops have tapes on their cars. It's so we know how and what really happened. For the good or ill of anyone involved. Whats wrong with that? Add into it that they are public servants, they don't have a private job in public safety.

Sapper John, tulianr and Alpha Dog like this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

These bad laws could easily backfire on the officials themselves. Being found guilty and sentenced to the same punishment as murder, means there is no longer any reason for the 'guilty' not to escalate the situation - make the 'crime' fit the punishment. "In for a penny, in for a pound". [stirpot]

Mountainman, tulianr and beast like this.
  8. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

PLEASE get a job here with LPD! I live in the middle of crackhead central.

I record traffic stops in front of my house all the time, just as much for the cops sake as for my own s**ts and giggles. Well maybe mostly for my own s**ts and giggles... Recently they stopped a guy right out front here. He has 5 or 6 officers around his Blazer and decides he's gonna eat a dime bag of pot. I ask one of the officers, "How far away did you initiate the stop, because ya'll usually don't chirp the sirens?" He said almost a mile back. So not only did this idiot have a mile he could have easily ate his dime bag in and gotten away with it, but he ate it in front of all these cops, got taped getting it choked back out his throat face down on the ground, but he also turned what would have been a simple citation for possession into a tampering with evidence case.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  9. Alpha Dog

That's the thing if I can tape a civilan out in public and they give up the expectation to privacy. I would exspect the same why the hell couldn't he tape me. If I do something illegal or violate someone's right and Im in public, Its not the citizen that video taped me I should know that in uniform all eye's on me. It would be my fault for being a dumba$$ and doing it.

beast likes this.
  10. beast

beast backwoodsman

ad for supreme court justice
    or better yet president

11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

This reminds me of when 'undercover' reporters were filming animal abuses in big agribusiness facilities, and it became illegal to record them. It became illegal to record a CRIME IN PROGRESS!

12. beast

beast backwoodsman

lets face it, criminals run the country via the $$$ they pay our legal representatives
    like i keep sayin, its time for a serious house cleaning, startin with the big white one

jungatheart and Alpha Dog like this.
  13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

14. beast

beast backwoodsman

public officials performing public duty should be under 24/7 observation by the public
    they are after all "public servants"

tulianr likes this.
  15. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

An essential element of public administration

An essential element of public administration, particularly the administration of law enforcement and the justice systems is that they be transparent. The particular case cited seems to be an eggregious abuse of the judge's authority.

Public officials in the normal course of their duty in the public domain ought have no expectation of privacy. It is not as if the defendant was recording the personal comments of the public official in the official's break room....or washroom. It seems unreasonable that a party to an administrative hearing would not be permitted to have a verbatim transcript of the proceedings of the tribunal or an audio recording of the same.

Transparency and openness helps keep public administration accountable and is a better means of discouraging the corruption and abuse of power of authorities that would prefer to operate as a Star Chamber.

16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Just remember, the current inept misadministration billed themselves early on as 'the most transparent administraion' America would ever have. Well, we know how bloody well THAT turned out. No surprise when the local 'leaders' and authorities take the same tack. They simply mirror their own superiors. And We The People suffer for it.

Alpha Dog likes this.
  17. Alpha Dog

I just can't understand why people in this communtiy are not outraged. Most of you guy's kind of know how I stand being an L.E.O. when it comes to crime and punishmet. I think our justice system is geared and has proven to protect the $h!theads over the lawful citizens and even to protect them over the L.E.O. The only reason's these types of laws are starting to pop up is the goverment is trying to get out of paying settlements for the wrong doing's of the L.E.O.'s they hire who have no idea of how to do the job and uses the job for personal wheather it be money or just the power of having the badge. If they are tired of paying out weed out the wanta be officer's hire good level headed officer who know how to do the job. Im not going to lie I am one of the aggressive officers I chase dope, child molester's, theives and if they want to get rough thats fine I enjoy that too. But after that person is subdued I turn it off like a light switch, I don't beat him cuffed, I don't cuss him, I act professional. Even though it would make me happy to stomp their brains brains out on the pavment for molesting children but I know my action could let this person walk free. Then who's fault is it that the bastard is back out on the street it would be mine. Then dealing with local citizens like the old drunk on the corner I cant count the times Ive picked him up got him a burger and frie's then took him home. After doing so found out that Bob had fought his a$$ off in WWII and lost his family in a car wreck then started drinking. Not a criminal just an old guy trying to cope with the pains of life, I was the first Deputy that found out anything about him. The City officer's use to pick him up drop him off out of the City limits and cuss him. They don't now because I told them he is a friend of mine and the next one that mistreated him I would start a war with news camera's. Thats the Law Enforcement the people I serve want and it's the kind Im good at. They know if I have to throw shoe leather to a guy he forced it and they stand behind me. This whole thing is the local goverment don't want to pay out for the wrong doing's of their force and rather than deal with the problem they want to cover it up to where it is the L.E.O.'s word against the suspects word.

goinpostal, weegrannymush and BTPost like this.
  18. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

no expectation of privacy in a public place - end of story

tulianr, VHestin and Alpha Dog like this.
  19. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

The initial law was designed to keep criminals from tapping the telephones or using microphones to record law enforcement conversations where they were the targets.... this is and was a good law... that being said the extention of this law to public areas where ther is no expectation of privacy or evesdropping is going overboard...if i was charged i'd push for a supreme court hearing....or minimum get the ACLU involved...

BTPost likes this.
  20. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

folks, it's really simple.

The watchers don't like being watched.
    And they don't want the sheeple figuring out how truly demonic they can become when given absolute power.

It really is time to put down the rabid dog and throw the evil master into irons.

But the sheeple will just say they love the security that the militarized brown shirt provide to their communities. Look how safe we are.

They will be happy and contented until they realize the sheep in front of them just got culled from the herd and they are next in line. Who will hear their screams then. Oh yeah, the next sheep. Baaaaaa

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7