8 Grocery Employees Stabbed in Tennessee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., Jul 23, 2006.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/21/D8J0MBOG2.html

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>8 Grocery Employees Stabbed in Tennessee
    Jul 21 7:39 PM US/Eastern
    [​IMG] Email this story </TD><TD align=right>[​IMG] <!-- START: eProof.com AP IP Auditor --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!-- var eproof_apip = new Image; eproof_apip.src = 'http://keisu.eproof.com/apipAuditor.aspx?s=21';//--></SCRIPT><!-- END --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

By WOODY BAIRD
    Associated Press Writer

MEMPHIS, Tenn.

A knife-wielding grocery store employee attacked eight co-workers Friday, seriously injuring five before a witness pulled a gun and stopped him, police said.
    The 21-year-old suspect, whose name was withheld pending charges, was arrested and then taken to a hospital after complaining of chest pains, Memphis Police Sgt. Vince Higgins said. The attack apparently stemmed from a work dispute, police said.
    Five victims, one in critical condition, were admitted to the Regional Medical Center, the main trauma hospital for the Memphis area. Three others were less badly hurt and treated at another hospital.
    The attacker, chasing one victim into the store's parking lot, was subdued by Chris Cope, manager of a financial services office in the same small shopping center, Higgins said.
    Cope said he grabbed a 9mm semiautomatic pistol from his pickup truck when he saw the attacker chasing the victim "like something in a serial killer movie."
    "When he turned around and saw my pistol, he threw the knife away, put his hands up and got on the ground," Cope told The Associated Press. "He saw my gun and that was pretty much it."
    Police arrived within minutes and took the attacker into custody.
    "He just kept saying, 'I'm insane. I wish I was never born' and that kind of stuff," Cope said.
    The attack started in an employee area of the Schnucks supermarket on the outskirts of Memphis and no customers were involved, Higgins said.
    Police said two large kitchen knives used in the attack were found at the scene.
    Witness Frank Rector said the attacker held a knife high in a stabbing position as he chased a victim into the parking lot. The victim, Rector said, "was circling, trying to get away from him."
    The ages of the victims were not immediately released. Higgins and a company spokeswoman said all the victims were employees of the store.
    The spokeswoman said officials from the St. Louis-based company were on their way to the scene.
    Higgins said police were pulling into the parking lot as Cope was confronting the attacker. "We commend him," Higgins said. "But we don't encourage people to take that kind of risk. He could have been hurt."

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

[violin] Maybe he should have just let him keep on stabbing folks until the 911 operator finished chatting with the cute desk sargent.:cool:

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yeah. Higgins just got my vote for "Stupid of the month."

Going Postal is with a gun, so going Schnucks has to be with a knife. And I wonder why the headline says 8 injured and the article says 5. Our illustrious press folks at work again, I guess.

4. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Okay, first some comments on the above posting. I agree that the wonderful media has done it again. I guess they meant to say "5 out of 8 people who work at Schnucks, prefer to get stabbed by large kitchen knives by Smucks who work at Schnucks." Then again, can't blame them. Would have been hard to make all that a headline on their kindergarten edumacation. Sheesh.

Secondly, there was no mention of an already established mental episode with this guy. May have been known, though could have just happened. Though anyone screaming "I'm insane." Is A) Either insane or B) Played too many games and thought that if he told them he was insane wouldn't be judged otherwise and could get a lighter sentence for killing people.

As for the guy holding the man at gunpoint till the cops showed up. Good for him. He should get some kind of medal showing that he helped possibly save the lives of a couple citizens. If we had more people like him get involved in such a situation, I dare say crime would be at an all time low. That's just my thoughts.

As far as the cop who said he didn't recommend this type of action. Of course not. That would mean the job that he wasn't doing would be in jeopardy. Lazy good for nothings always say some crap like that when a private citizen helps others out. It's like those that live in apartments and hear some man beating the hell out of his kids or something like that. If you stand by and watch, you are no better than that clown. If you take action and and put goofy on his butt, then the cops would want to arrest you. How much more stupid will we put up with before we are fed up and take back the right as human beings to help those less fortunate or weaker than us instead of worrying about the sacrifice that we may have to make?

And now for some stories.

I had got into some trouble and was at the crossbar motel. There was a new guy they came and put in with us. He had wild looking eyes and kept drooling all over the place. He stood out to say the least. He was there for a little while and then they took him away. After he was gone, word trickled down from the jailers that he had gone into a grocery store and was stealing steaks and when caught at it, he turned on the store clerks and started biting them. Well, after they had enough they all held him where he couldn't bite until the cops showed. Why would he bite instead of run? Simple. It was later found out he had AIDS. He was using that as a weapon. I don't know if any of the clerks came down with it or not. I hope they didn't. And I hope that idjut fries for attempted murder. Yes, I said murder. When you knowingly have a disease as dreadful as that and intentionally try to infect people, then you are trying to murder people. You should pay for that.

Another story is this guy drives his car up to a pump and fills it up with gas. He goes into the station and pulls a weapon on the clerk in a robbery attempt. A few minutes later he is sans gun and has several of the store patrons Sitting on him. Hahaha. Funniest story I have ever heard. People in the South, don't take too kindly to idjuts waving guns around and threatening them. You either get shot or you get sat on. The police came and hauled his butt off to jail and took his car. The citizens were all afforded a banquet and each received an award for helping the police. That is what should happen.

Just my two cents. Later.

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Cope should have shot him.

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Since this happened in my "backyard" (just about 2 miles from my home) I need to comment. There were conflicting report 8 or 9 people injured, 4 or 5 of them critically (2 are still in the hospital last I heard). Infact, one of the non-critical injured is the husband of a co-worker of mine!!!

The "Seafood Manager" did an interview with one of the local news channels and did not paint the attacker in good light. The mgr said the guy was very polite when spoke to, but had alway acted strangly (whatever that means). Now here's the kicker. The attacker worked at this store last summer, and the mgr did not want to hire him back this year, but guess what, upper level mgmnt hired him anyway!!

Thankfully there were no deaths in this attack, Lord knows Membabwie has had enough murders this year already (just under 100, and on track for another record breaking year :eek:)

Stay safe
    Ryan

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7