9mm or .40S&W

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by wrc223, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Actually, "variety" is a bit misleading...

I currently have 3 9mm KelTek Sub2000's and recently acquired a Hi-Point 9MM (what I call the "Planet of the Apes" carbine)

I am "in the market" for a Ruger and a Beretta.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

NVBeav likes this.
  4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

It seems one of the most difficult things for folks to accept is almost any CF works.

VisuTrac likes this.
  5. Rich Seal

Rich Seal Monkey

Looking back at my previous post about me trying to be unbiased in this thread, I recently purchased an S&W SD9VE. I know I stated that I liked the .40 better, but came across a deal I couldn't pass up. Double action trigger pull (no safety on this gun) that is about 8 lbs & 16 round mags (got 4 with the gun; retail is about 40 bucks a piece). Less recoil than the .40 & ammo costs less. Maybe a .40 somewhere down the road, but not anytime soon. I'm back to my original project of rebuilding my 10-22 Ruger to shoot 60 grain subs.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Looks like you now need to get a 40 and do a comparo for the rest of us.

7. Rich Seal

Rich Seal Monkey

ghrit, I think my wife would use the 9 on me if I went out & bought another gun.

I'll have to pass for now just to keep the peace but I suppose anything could happen ;)

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Well, you could tell her you'll sell the loser (unless she wants it -----)

9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yep, that worked twice for me but flew a little low the third time. It's rough when your wife sees the angle coming.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7