A BIG DOG!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Hey all I need a dog to do is give me a few seconds warning, I can handle it hopefully from there mostly I just enjoy them enjoying life. The all have a different personality and quirks. Had a Dachshund that loved to sleep under the covers and black as coal and would lay in the sun in hundred degree heat and dug for moles like a miner for gold. paird up with of all things a Shiz tsu those 2 would double team anything ran off a pit bull and kiled a couple of possums and snakes. They are past now and now got ol' hard head. a;; of my dogs are rescue as in rescued them from going to the pound or given I don't sell dogs or buy them and I don't consider paying for a vet bill and shots payment. I do have to connect with the dog on some level, I had an Affenpinscher I got at a year old he was skiddish it took a year to get him to eat from my hand I think kids had abused him because he hated children. after that year we were best buddies and he was a companion for my present dog, unfortunately he got cancer and had to put him down he was almost 11.

When I was a kid we had black labs one weighted just at 100 pounds he was both a pet friend hunting and guard dog his girlfriend was over 70 pounds, their habit was to run out to the cattle tank (pond) and dive in and thrash around no mater the weather as it's rare here to freeze a pond they ran out one morning and dove in and skid across the ice and went nuts barking at in pouncing on the ice they were out of sorts until the tank unfroze. and even with chunks of ice they still went for a swim,

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

My Senior Citizen Golden Retriever chillin out. He keeps his toys in a pile, just in case some one wanted to play. @2.00 a.m!
    20180519_175623.

3. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

My current Mastiff is about 95kg (210lbs I think?) and that’s kept lean with with ribs visible. Still a small guy compared to his great grandfather... who topped out at 280. The biggest one recorded was well over300...name was......Zolan...or something simulat...hmmm have to look up....

1. TnAndy
  2. AxesAreBetter
  3. Bishop
    Thread

best dog.

I swear I have the best dog ever. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Jun 6, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: General Discussion
  4. AxesAreBetter
  5. Thunder5Ranch
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
    He feels better. [MEDIA]