A blade, a pot, and the clothes on your back.

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by madmax, Feb 14, 2015.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

"Bake off"--LOL. We do have a dutch oven cook off Sat evening. Just amazes me what some connoisseurs come up with. We do have a good time. Will be bush hogging the whole area next week. This is our first on the farm but not the last. We will have a jam session and discuss ideas to make it into a very viable BOL. We have water, privacy, and plenty of room for gardens/animals. Will be putting in a dam below the springs across the little valley later this fall--hopefully before the fall gathering. Couple of years and the farm should be in good shape.
    BT, just come anytime bud--will keep a light on for you.

Tully Mars and kellory like this.
  2. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Headed to WNC in a month. Anybody interested in a "survival" or other camp, shoot me a message. I'm game.

3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I have done something similar here in Michigan. I made it 5 days before huge rains drowned the camp and put out the fire for good. I was cold , wet and called mamma who came out and got me. I lived on wintergreens, brook trout and sasafrass.

kellory and madmax like this.
  4. madmax

I'll match you in FL, GA, SC, NC or VA.

3 days in the bush. Pot and Machete.

5. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I had a very small kit with fish line and hooks, magnifying glass, dryer lint as fire starter, a Knife and the clothes on my back.

madmax likes this.
  6. madmax

I'ld be happy with a car camp somewhere this summer to connect with like minded folk.

7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Why does no one live near me!!!!!!

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Might have something to do with no one knowing where you are --- (and OPSEC)

kellory likes this.
  9. madmax

Well I'm in central FL and we camp Oct-Apr. Big groups and small. Great people. PM me in the fall for our schedule. 7 states representing so far.

10. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I have seen pics of you guys in florida and the cool gatherings all of you put together. I have two dream road trips, coastal Alaska and british Columbia , and the southern US starting at corpus Christi and working my way east, ending in south Carolinas, so maybe a chance one day. You florida guys look like a really fun bunch.

madmax likes this.
  11. madmax

I've never met a South Carolinian I didn't like. Our guys will tease. Friendly like. Did the West Coast Road Trip to Alaska. I'ld load my RV on a ferry to do the inside passage next time. Goods eats on the bottom of the states/

1. OlDiceGames
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Prepsteader13
  6. Qwertyportne
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Alanaana
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Thunder5Ranch
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Coyote Ridge