A book now free on kindle (Amazon)

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by OldDude49, Jan 3, 2017.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Caveman Jim, techsar and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thank you. I downloaded.

tacmotusn likes this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

"The Art of War" appears to be a nearly complete version, minus annotations. Thanks!

4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

I downloaded it years ago. I believe it was from Guggenheim Press.

5. duane

duane Monkey+++

If the military were to write a modern version, it would tell how to sell expensive programs to congress, how to cover your butt when the program doesn't work, and how to work as a consultant, lobbyist, etc after you retire. Can't mention war as if you do have a plan that might actually work, the press and politicians will destroy you and your career and you will never move on to the "private" sector.

Caveman Jim, Sgt Nambu and 3cyl like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Oh! I have been reading this for decades...since I was a child. It has something for everyone and every situation. I will compare this one to the one and I have and see which translation I prefer. Thanks!

7. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Ya might want to pay careful attention to the INDIRECT method of warfare... the full version contains that...

tells ya how to take over a country/nation WITHOUT using standard warfare tactics...

FYI kinda thing... this was REQUIRED reading in the CCCP/KGB and is still required by the Chinese...

and then look at some of these...

Amazon also has a good one by a Kiwi IIRC... same title IIRC...

9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Had it on my tablet for awhile now. A couple months ago picked up a hardback version at Sam's Club that also has other classics of Eastern Philosophy mainly Confucious. I'd worn out a couple paperback versions over the years.

10. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

11. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Thanks for those links!

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Here are a few free books on Kindle today-

Survival Mistakes To Avoid: Deadly Mistakes That Will Kill You In A Survival Situation and Lifesaving Solutions For How You Can Avoid Each One To Make It Out Alive https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYBCZP6/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Edible Wild Plants: 25 Plants You Can Find In The Forest: Identify, Harvest & Prepare Amazon.com: Edible Wild Plants: 25 Plants You Can Find In The Forest: Identify, Harvest & Prepare eBook: Micheal Keen: Kindle Store

Must Have AR-15 Upgrades Amazon.com: Must Have AR-15 Upgrades eBook: Vitaly Pedchenko: Kindle Store

techsar likes this.
  13. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Thanks for the links!

Motomom34 likes this.
  14. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

noticed this is WAS free today, haven't read it but seems appropriate
    Lights Out Super Boxset: EMP Survival in a Powerless World
    by James Hunt (Author) [not HalfFast, that's a different Lights Out]

UPDATE: Now it's gone to 99 cents, always double check before you click "buy".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0771JS46G/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Dont likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7