A call for imediate Pressure Cooker control legislation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Apr 17, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

We need immediate legislation controlling unregulated sales of pressure cookers.

1.) Stop unregulated mail order or internet sales of pressure cookers.
    2.) Close the "discount store loophole" where anyone can walk into Walmart or Target and buy a pressure cooker with no background check.
    3.) Background checks for all pressure cookers.
    4.) No sales of pressure cookers for anyone under 21 years of age.
    5.) A 2-7 day waiting period for all pressure cookers sales.
    6.) Registration of all existing high capacity "assault" pressure cookers over 2 Quarts.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

yep, I'm going to exploit the yard sale loophole!

natshare and JABECmfg like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I got me mine !!!

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Send a draft to fineswine, bet she will introduce it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I lost my full auto, extra high capacity pressure cooker in a boating accident.

oldawg, Donldson, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Thank heavens I only do water bath canning!

natshare likes this.
  7. Donldson

Donldson Monkey+

Pfft, you pressure cooker nuts are just a bunch of rednecks. Do you REALLY need a pressure cooker? You know you can cook food a whole bunch of ways, that is just one! Everybody knows that laws were made a long time ago where you needed to pressure cook food, nobody envisioned a time where we had such safe food from stores, much less cookers with more than 2 quarts capacity. Really, how much do you plan to cook that you need that much room? Give up your crazy obsession with pressure cookers, we have restaurants for that anyway. They are trained professionals, the people we pay to prepare our food. A recent college poll shows that 110% of people are for these common sense restrictions, how could anybody think they are a bad idea?

kellory, ditch witch and DarkLight like this.
  8. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

I was In the man's "Toy Store" today and someone was saying that they needed to regulate all pressure cookers. Seems like people are starting to agree.;)

kellory likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, when they outlaw pressure cookers the crack pots will have to return back to the good old days of pipe bombs.

10. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

Who needs a high capacity pressure cooker any way? If 3 oz is good enough for TSA it should be good enough for home cooking too! Can you believe just ANYONE can walk into a dept store and buy a pressure cooker? No questions asked, no ID check! And they can buy as many pressure cookers as they want in the SAME DAY!!!

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

images (26).

12. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

"When you outlaw pressure cookers, only outlaws will have pressure cookers!!" (or something like that! LOL)

Imagine, if the crackpots had used crock pots!! o_O

13. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

I don't shop at stores with ban signs like that. If I can't open carry my high capacity 8 qt pressure cooker then they won't get my business. Some people ask why I need a pressure cooker that can cook rice and beans so fast. I say because when I need to eat I need to eat right NOW. When you need to eat, pizza delivery is only an hour away.

kellory likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7