A confession....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by melbo, Aug 6, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

'Twuzzint me, Daddy!! :lol:

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

OMG, y'all are bad[lolol][lolol][lolol]

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Hmmmm. I remember these games.
    Going to have to rethink your post editing permissions.

LOL almost drove off the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I owed you that one.....[fnny]

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I confess to having purchased my first Glock, an extended frame 17 tweaked for USPSA Limited competition in 9mm. I gave it to my step-son before I got home with it. He likes it.

6. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

It's ok. There are groups for people like you. Seriously, I started life as a 1911 fanatic. After tuning and retuning top of the line 1911s, I bought a Glock 21. Big holes, big capacity, and good enough accuracy. Later I wanted a more refined handgun and ended up with Sig P220s. I still use the Sigs as my daily pistols. My wife bugs me to sell the Glocks... won't do it.

Don't be afraid. Step out of the Glock closet. [boozingbuddies]

7. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I like GLOCKs, too.

8. rrand32118

rrand32118 Monkey+

Here's my Glock experience. Was raised and trained with metal frame manual thumb safety hammer pistols, swore by them and would settle for nothing less. Buddy of mine had me try his 9mm XD, and from the minute I picked it up I hated the feel and the trigger, and I couldn't do anything with the pistol, hated it, swore off polymer frame hammerless pistols for life. Did my research and went shopping for a Sig 220, just knew I would love it and that it was the pistol of my dreams, found a place where I could rent/try before you buy one, and was all over the place with it. So bad, that it was making me nervous, didn't like the feel or operation of it at all. Range/shop owner said to try a Glock, and I told him I hated those type of pistols but I would for poops and giggles. Picked up a 21 up and from the get-go fell in love with the grip angle, the trigger, and my grouping was awesome (for me that is). When I was done I walked out of there with a new Glock 21. Shocked the hell out of me, as I was as anti-glock as you could get, but I couldn't argue with performance. Now I am in no way, shape, or form knocking the Sig 220, by all means its reputation and performance speak for themselves, it just did not marry up well with me at all, I was actually a little disappointed, had my heart set on being a Sig owner. I am now a humbled Glock owner whatever consequences may come [notfunny]

9. melbo

lol - you realize this thread is 5 years old (8/2005)

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Bumps are always good. I was just back on the AR pic thread. Wow, some of that old stuff is/was interesting.

11. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Still Glock free. [feedmods]

Byte

12. Hulka73

Hulka73 Monkey+++

I really wanted to be a Glock lover, but I can't get used to the grip angle. When I first got my permit I specifically tried a 21 first, and just couldn't get used to the grip. So I bought a XD45. Then when my wife wanted to trade in our SP101 for another semi, I went to Glock again, and just couldn't do it. We wound up getting an M&P9 instead. Maybe someday I'll just buy one and then I'll have to get used to it.

13. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to MY world... [batteye]

:lol:

14. melbo

New acronym for a mobile world?
    DORL = Drive Off Road Laughing

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7