A couple things I've considered lately...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Hispeedal2, Jul 31, 2011.

1. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I bought mine because I liked the way it felt in my hand,liked the thought of all the cans I could destroy with the .410,and liked the idea of punching bigger holes in paper with the .45LC.It's not a perfect all-around gun but is there such a thing? I think not.Hispeedal2,you're welcome to come shoot my Judge if you want to,then you'll know what it'll do.:)

2. dgansen

dgansen Monkey+

Just a thought; you like the versatility of a gun that shoots both .45LC and .410. Have you thought about the Taurus Circuit judge? it's essentially a long gun of the Judge.

It has an 18.5" barrel and a stock to bring it over 30" OAL, which is legal shotgun length; this makes me think that it is considered a shotgun, and therefore you should be able to hunt small game with it, using shot shells. I'm not a lawyer, my word isn't gospel. But it seems as if legally it's a .410 shotgun that shoots .45LC, rather than a .45LC rifle that shoots .410 shells. Otherwise they could get away with 26" OAL (unless in Michigan) with a 16" barrel.

This gun may not solve your problem involving the shot and the rifling, but it seems others who have more experience are commenting on that.

Also, the fact that it's a long gun pretty much gets rid of all carry options, open or concealed. :p

Just a thought, good luck with your research!

3. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I've looked at the Circuit Judge,and I'd like to have one,for the same reasons I like the judge I have.Cool little gun,just can't justify spending the money.Later,maybe..

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Question: Is that 18.5" barrel smooth, or rifled?

5. dgansen

dgansen Monkey+

According to a review I'ver ead (not sure where the reviwer heard it or what their creditbility is) it will be available in smoothebore later, but only rifled right now. I know for sure that they are selling them rifled, I've got a friend who works at a local hardware store that got one in. They shoulder and point well. This same review also says that the smoothbore version will only be chambered for .410's, so no .45LC in that one. Hope I've been helpful!

Edited to link the review where I found this info
    Circuit Judge Review, Firearm Blog

6. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

My Dad carries a Judge here in Michigan.. So far the only thing he's shot with it besides paper is a coon that got into the basement a couple of months ago.. Still haven't figured out how it got into the house... Anyway it woke him up at about zero-dark-thirty, and he ended the chase with one shot of that .410 personal defense shell they have.. It's got 3 balls and 3 discs in the shell.. We figured it would make one hell of a mess, but nadda... It went in, delivered 100% of the energy, and didn't come out the other side.. That coon didn't even flinch.. Just like the life switch got turned off on it..

Given the amount of different types of shells and the .45 round that you can shoot through it, I would consider it about as multi-purpose as they come...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7