a day of winding the neighbors up in a few easy steps....

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by runswithdogs, Apr 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Get up in the morning
    Light the BBQ.
    Put the wood chips in to soak.
    Slather a big 4kg pork butt (shoulder cut) in Dijon mustard
    Massage a good quantity of spice mix over the entire cut (Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Oregano, smoked paprika)
    Drain & wrap wood chips in foil to create smoker
    Arrange charcoal to line burn and place smoker chips in center. sprinkle a good handful of burning herbs over the unburnt charcoal, top with plenty of rosemary cuttings.
    Pop pork butt in roasting pan with rack & add water to bottom.
    Put in BBQ & close lid.
    Enjoy the smokey delishious smells as they waft over the fence into the neibours house ALL....DAY......LONG......
    Check as needed to add water & adjust vents to try to keep temp around 200ish.
    IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

Remove from BBQ, Shred for pulled pork & enjoy. (at this point the meat practically falls apart & is soooooo moist.)

Had with Garlic roasted Artichoke with a spicy sweet mustard dip(not in pic), Butter sauted Rainbow Chard & Avocado

IMG_3253.JPG
    Next day Fried some of the pulled pork in gee for Carnitas in lettuce wraps with cilantro salsa, avocado, cheese, refried beans, tomatoes, sweet onions & creme freshe

IMG_3257.JPG

Ganado, Sapper John, Meat and 14 others like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Meanie.

Bandit99, Ura-Ki and Seepalaces like this.
  3. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Whats that green and white stuff o_O looks disgustingly healthy,
    I like your bravado mixing all those spices but, I'll stick to salt and pepper I do the same for brisket I like the taste of beef so I don't try to disguise it but I have tasted some rubs the only one that I though was horrible had what tasted like cedar YUCK...

SB21 and Seepalaces like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Well Done!! But, now I'm hungry!! :cautious:

tacmotusn, Ura-Ki and Seepalaces like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ok, this is some how wrong, there should be a policy here where really awesome meat photos are not allowed, I swear I can actually smell that coming through the interwebs! VERY NICE, I like your work, and that Bark, I could just eat that and toss the rest to the wolves around my table! Now where did I put that Briskit?!?!?!

6. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

White? You mean the creme freshe?.. Its like sour cream only better. thicker & richer...

I like spices & flavours.. & dont worry. it dident cover up the taste of the meat.. just added to it .

Ganado, Yard Dart, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I AM HANGRY NOW !!!

Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

How cruel can a woman be? This thread demonstrates it well.

Cruisin Sloth and oldawg like this.
  9. duane

duane Monkey+++

I have serious problems with this thread as I wait for the mac and cheese to come out of the oven, well if I am polite, the wife might allow a fresh pot of coffee. When you are young you eat what your mother puts in front of you, once you are married if you know what is good for good for you, you eat what she cooks, and when you get old, you eat what the doctor allow you to eat. And even if you eat out, you end up eating what you can afford.

Bandit99 likes this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That was a burrito tonight.

duane likes this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

A meal to make a cardio-vascular surgeon's mouth water......:love:

duane likes this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What lettuce do you use for your wraps? Romaine? It looks delicious. The only creme freshe I had was from goats milk. It was really rich.

chelloveck likes this.
  13. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Lookin yummy...I'd be jealous if I hadn't just finished some roast pork with some fresh sautéed veggies with garlic, some French bread with homemade butter...then some mac and cheese...just because ;)

14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Yum.

15. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

We do that regularly. Best fun has always been inviting all the neighbors over for a meal.

16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Looks very good , That must be for more than one sitting , That would be many here.
    I just bought the wife a cheese /meat slicer , just for cooks like that .
    I'll see If I can post a picture of it. berkel.

17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

My Neighbours use bounce nose smells in the dryer and wash with smelly soap , the air smells from this stink 2000 feet plus , Thats our Beef

18. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Hey, I gots to work off my evil tendancys somehow...... :evil:

It was Cos lettuce. Its actully a lot easier to find the creme freshe here than sour cream :D (& its better)

Oh yeah, theres plenty left.. probably enough for 3-4 more meals (2 people) if not more. gonna freeze some of it for those days I cant be arsed to spend hours cooking :p

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  1. oil pan 4
  2. JC Refuge
  3. JC Refuge
  4. Alanaana
    Ribeye, bay scallops, and mushrooms
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Aug 27, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. JC Refuge
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Dunerunner
  8. jefferson
  9. jefferson
  10. Motomom34
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Coyote Ridge
  13. ditch witch
  14. Dunerunner
  15. Ganado
  16. JC Refuge
  17. JC Refuge
  18. Coyote Ridge