A general First aid guide

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

100% agree with you @vonslob. Speaking from 17 years experience in "complementary medicine", including 5 years of working with a medical doctor who apprenticed with me to learn Indian-Tibetan medicine, I can say that "complementary medicine" or "alternative medicine" are useful primarily for both prevention and treatment of chronic ailments-diseases (like arthritis, diabetes, chronic fatigue, chronic asthma, digestive problems, constipation, acid belly / ulcers, IBS, ulcerative colitis, menstrual problems, insomnia, anxiety, depression). But for most acute illnesses and of course certainly for medical emergencies and for injuries and trauma/shock, heart attack, stroke, burns, acute asthma, cataracts, anything truly requiring surgery and most all dental problems, and anything that would require antibiotics or certain other key pharmaceuticals due to severity of symptoms or disease progression, nothing beats "modern medicine" / "conventional medicine".

Thus, in the all-important area of "bandaids" (of the "Beans-Bullets-Bandaids-Books-Bullion-Batteries-Brotherhood-Being" prepper plan), our family would and did certainly put first priority on stocking up on sufficient first aid kit type / emergency medical type of preps and training. We put only secondary priority for stocking up sufficient medicinal herb reserves (1 to 2 pounds of either raw whole plant herbs or powdered herbs --- which in some cases we converted these ourselves in herbal tinctures, herbal jams-jellies and herbal oils or herbal butter/ghee to preserve their potency and/or increase "bio-availability") of the most important 50 common herbs and their seeds and perennial plants in our garden where possible for our growing season / climate zone.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    vonslob and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You ever want to expand on this, I would love it.

3. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

yes practice....
    To try and get a feel for what it is like ..
    Next cpr class instead of pussing on the "dummy" for 15 seconds try doing it for 3 or 4 minutes....
    And try thinking about doing it on someone and keeping yourself together enough {emotionaly}!!!!= not a good time ...

4. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I like the way that americanredoubt explained it. From what i have have read alternative medicine for chronic disease and disease prevention is the way to go. I want to learn more, have done some reading, and have used some of what i have learned.

That is an excellent way of looking at cpr.

KAS likes this.
  5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Its is used to induce vomiting. Getting hard to find.

BTPost likes this.
  6. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

People should know the first aid guidance , because it will gives at bad situation. Lots of people are still know about the first aid related thing. In my collage days, I learn about the first aid guidance. Really that is very useful during the tuff situation.

1. TheJackBull
  2. Motomom34
  3. Merkun
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Motomom34
  9. Motomom34
  10. arleigh
  11. Yard Dart
  12. Motomom34