A good continuing education resource

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by tulianr, Aug 10, 2014.

1. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I'm currently finishing up a course on the debate which surrounded the creation of our US Constitution. It is an excellent resource for anyone wishing to know more about our constitution, and the thought processes that went into it. Rather than just rehashing the Federalist Papers and Anti-federalist writings, it presents the highlights of each in a dialectic; debate fashion. It's well done.
    It's put out by "The Teaching Company." I have no connection to the company, other than the fact that I should own stock in it, based on the number of courses that I've purchased from them. For anyone who spends a lot of time driving or working with their hands, like myself, their audio courses are a great way to learn a little something as you go through the day. Here's a link to the course I mentioned:

The Great Debate: Advocates and Opponents of the American Constitution | The Great Courses

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I have heard of, but paid little attention to Colleges, some well known and prestigious offering free online courses. Some even stating full accreditation, credit towards a degree. Does anyone have some specific info on this? It came up in conversation with a close family friend who would like to point his children in this direction. Thanks for any help or info.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Hot damn! :) o wonder if my local library could get a set? Both for me to listen to, but also for the rest of the sheep?

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Ganado
  3. Dont
  4. Motomom34
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. DarkLight
  7. Shinzo
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. GhostX
  10. Salted Weapon
  11. duane
  12. Yard Dart