A good muliti functional knife

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Alpha Dog, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

My wife picked this up for me a very nice knife and solid, razor sharp not a bad price at around $30.00 on Amazon. Would work very good as a pack knife allso make a wonderful defense weapon.

311G6RRV6QL._SL500_AA300_.
    Technical Details

• The Bush Hog is Now Named OUTBACK !!
    • No Difference in Product Just Simply Re-Named !!

<HR class=bucketDivider SIZE=1 noShade>Product Description

ATTRIBUTES Blade Detail: Plain Blade Length (inches): 12.00 Blade Material: 440C Black Carry System: Nylon Sheath/Lanyard Handle Material: Rubber Black Overall Length (inches): 17.35

2. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Yeah this is used in tabet traditionally and can cut the head off a bull with one swipe...very nice

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The real question is: Does this Blade have a Hollow Ground Tempered Edge, like the original Kukuri from Nepal?

4. I think alphadog's is more of a machete thickness.

My kukri has a convex grind, I have never seen them hollow ground. Guess I need to do more research. The one I have is the standard issue one that the British Army issues to their ghurkas. I know most also bring their own style from home, but all I have is the standard stores one. It is useful, but not my favorite blade style.

Probably because I haven't figured out how to master it. I tend to use machete or axe for my chopping.

I suspect I would like the thinner machete thickness kukri over the thick one I have, It is over 1/4 inch thick even though I think they maker was shooting for 1/4 inch.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Kukris are weight forwards or the mass is further out. This adds force to the blow but makes it difficult to change directions. As a result the kukri is difficult to master for defense.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7