A look at a preppers bathroom...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witch Doctor 01, Nov 7, 2011.

1. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

One the 18-wheelers that came to pickup an order today had sumthing I jokingly TRIED to talk him out of part of it. 100 55 gallon blue plastic barrels with lids & bungholes in the lids. All BRAND NEW!!!!!!! [drooling]

dragonfly likes this.
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

They are expensive here at least $110 or more! The small 15 gallon ones were $37.50 each! I used to get pallets for firewood ( broken ones) love the oak for the hardwood!

3. hdb90

hdb90 Monkey+++

Thanks Gunny. We also stock the TP, soap, and toothpaste. I can live without a lot of things. I can't live with those three. Corncob or magazines won't get it.

4. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

just another point of view :)

I haven't been on monkey in months........and what do I see????? the dear old significant other...... aka BTPost.......complaining about my water usage :) LOL!!!!!!!! [looksharp]

Sapper John, chelloveck and BTPost like this.
  5. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

You forgot about me, BT! I am amazed to find that your womenfolk are the cause of the all the TP usage ...in my house it's the opposite, go figure. I share the house with my middle-aged son and two adult grandsons. Doesn't matter how many spare rolls get put out, they get used up in a very short time. It drives me crazy because I am always the one who puts out the rolls, nobody else EVER does and here I come in the middle of the night (I'm an old lady, on diuretics, nuff said, lol) and all that's left are the cardboard inners and I have to start digging around in the cupboard for more rolls. And that scenario is repeated, ad nauseam. Wish I could find a way to get things more evened up!

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

You'll have to call by a little more often

Welcome to the forum, Alaskachick

7. Cathail

Cathail Monkey++

I gave my wife grief about how much TP she used and she replied, "well I don't have brown spots in my undies"... Ouch!

8. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

to wegrannymush

It is not all that attractive but I have a little partially hidden place and hanging there on the wall by the throne is this wire "thingy" I found. It holds 5 or 6 rolls so if someone......I won't say who ;) doesn't replace the roll, it is not too far to get another. The problem is.....he usually leaves just a tiny little bit left on the roll.....about one turn.... so it looks like there is still paper. With all those guys though, you are outnumbered! (y)

BTPost likes this.
  9. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Thanks for the sympathy, alaskachick! Much appreciated! I feel so ALONE here sometimes, lol. Outnumbered IS the word, you nailed it. I lost my daughter to cancer in August and I sure do miss her in more ways than one. She called me every day and we would moan and groan with each other about the men in our respective households and their thoroughly annoying habits! Now I've no one to gripe to so I am just swallowing my complaints. They are a good bunch of guys overall though and we all care about each other a lot, so it's a case of taking the rough with the smooth, right! (I will try to remember that during the next freezing cold night when I am TP-less, lol) Just had an idea....I will keep TP in my room and take it with me, back and forth.

Can't believe I am discussing this stuff on a basically male site, they must all be shaking their heads.....and The Watchers must be getting a good laugh! My excuse is that I am a (getting slightly senile) little old lady, haha.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Granny, Feel welcome at our fire anytime.... Alaskachick does give me grief for my manly ways, on regular occasions, when I step outside Her set Bounds. Yes, I deserve it most of the time and accept, the correction, in the Spirit of Love that it was given, usually... ..... HMMV.....

11. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Bt you must have forgot.....YOUR NOW THW MODETATOR lol

12. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

What's up with that? All the rolls are hanging the wrong way... underneath!

No sir, I don't like it.

Seawolf1090 and Mountainman like this.
  13. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

They must have cats.
    Matt

14. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

In my house full O' estrogen this is about a day's worth lol.

15. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Hope ya got a ManCave with a Bank Vault Door to hide in at certain times of every month!!!

16. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

Cats or toddlers. :)

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  17. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

My lovely wife changes the TP roll when it is only half empty,I have a ton of half empty rolls in my shop,one way to save for hard times...

18. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Yep, that's one of my pet peeves. We don't have a problem with refills here but but if installation is wrong someone hears about it.

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

What's toilet paper.????

ccc...

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  20. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Gator, y'all still got the Sears catalog out in the "Little Brown Shack"? [LMAO]

larryinalabama and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7