A look at a preppers bathroom...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witch Doctor 01, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Does she wash her hands way too often or straighten pictures every time she walks by? If her foods touch on her plate, does she move them? Does she arrange every bite of food on her fork with a little bit of every thing and then season the bite individually before eating it? Do all the towels match?..I am thinking OCD is becoming the norm.

STANGF150 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  2. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Nope, she just has this thing about anything that is half used.When the shampoo,conditioner,soap dispensers,etc. become half full, she opens a new bottle.I can't figure it out. I get stuck using the castoffs up,she won't. Go figure.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Take some of the half MT jugs and add it back to the new ones as the level goes down.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Ghrit has developed a way to put tooth paste back into the tube!

Sapper John likes this.
  5. ghrit

Believe it or not, a snug fitting bit of plastic tubing will work to transfer a half MT tube back to another half MT tube. Now, once it is wild in the environment, there's no hope. I leave that to less MT skulls than mine.

[peep][stirpot]

Sapper John likes this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Hehehe..... I'm so cheap, I save the thin slivers of soap, just in case. Figure maybe when the supplies run out, I can chop 'em up and 'mold ' them back into bigger bars. Saw a gadget once that was designed to do that. Gotta look for it.
    My "inner packrat" will not be denied! I think he was Scot in a prior life......[dunno]

7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

put the soap pieces in a nylon stocking/pantyhose leg and tie it off you can use it like a bar and refill it as you get more pieces...

8. ghrit

I just wet the new bar and stick the thin one on it. Nothing wasted, no extra handling involved.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Ummm.....don't ALL Preppers have at least a lil OCD? Otherwise we'd buy, pile it up, & never see it again!!! Me, I make a living with my OCD, but sumtimes it drives me NUTZ!!!!
    GreatDebate.

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

There only "B" one way to load the TP!!!

11. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

When we wer kids that what we did with daddys wiskee bottles except we added water.....some how I think he knew but didnt say nothing

12. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

If you have an empty liquid hand soap dispenser, try this:

Toss some marbles in the bottom of the dispenser.
    Add your bar soap remnants.
    Add a little water.
    Add pump and use.
    The marbles allow the water to pass through the soap pieces, yet "filter" the bar soap from clogging the pump intake tube and you get a wonderful liquid soap. Just keep tossing in the bar slivers and re-loading the water to your desired consistency.
    Every so often, as the bars work their way through the marbles and "goo" up the bottom, clean it out and start again.

It's a great way to use those bar soap slivers!

OR

You can also toss those remnants into a plastic travel bar soap holder (not the hard plastic ones, the softer, shatterproof ones). When it's about full; add a tiny amount of water to help everything mush together. Heat it, press it (really, really press it. If you load them into the top, the base will work as a good press that fits neatly inside the top), and Voila! You have a "new" bar of soap. I'm not really fond of this method, it doesn't make a very attractive bar, but it works.

13. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Some great ideas, Tracy! Thanks.

14. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Thanks Tracy...it works a treat!

Tried it as recommended by tracy...it works a treat. My son is impressed. Gotta love practical frugality.

Tracy likes this.
  15. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Part deaux...

a.aaa.

Mechwolf and STANGF150 like this.
  16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Funny Doc

:D

What,,,, My Ship High In Transport don't stink !!

"Manure: In the 16th and 17th centuries, everything had to be transported by ship and it was also before commercial fertilizer's invention, so large shipments of manure were common.

It was shipped dry, because in dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet, but once the sea got at it, it not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by product is methane gas. As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could(and did) happen.

Methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was determined just what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure were always labelled/stamped with the term 'Ship High In Transit' on them, which meant for the sailors to stow it high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

Thus evolved the term ' S.H.I.T ' (Ship High In Transport) which has come down through the centuries and is in use to this very day."

17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Just Lucky I refound this Wisdom

Every once in a while everyone experiences the perfect dump. It's rare but a real thing of beauty. You sit down expecting the worse, but what you get is a smooth sliding, fart-less masterpiece that breaks the water with the splash-less grace of an Olympic high-diving champion. You use the toilet tissue to find that it was totally unnecessary. It makes you feel that all is right in the world and that you are in perfect harmony with it.

The Beer Dump

Nasty! Depends upon the dumper's tolerance and is the result of too many beers - doesn't matter if it was 2 or 22. What you get is a sinister, lengthy, noisy dump accompanied by an odious malevolent fog that could close the bathroom for days. Naked flames are ill advised.....

The Chilli Dump (aka The Japanese Flag)

Hot when it goes in and napalm when it comes out. It stays with you all day stinging yer ring and generally making your choccie starfish feel like the Shuttle's heat shield. Also makes your ass look like "a Japanese Flag".

The Empty Roll Dump

Relief - you've finished and reach for the tissue only to find an empty cardboard cylinder staring back at you. Panic overcomes you. You could use the curtains but then someone would ask "where are the curtains?" Use the rug? Nah, too bulky and cumbersome. You then come to the same conclusion that every "empty roll dumper " must face.....pull up yer kecks tighten yer cheeks and shuffle yourself to the nearest loo roll. Failing that you could always use your shirt-tail or one of your socks!

The Splash Back Dump

This one drops like a depth charge creating a column of cold water that washes your sphincter with a startlingly unpleasant shock. Now your wet - and embarrassed if the column of water went half way up your back. Tip of the day: blot instead of wiping.

The Childbirth Dump

This one is just too big to go through the aperture provided by nature for this purpose. You sit there thinking over your dilemma. First it hurts, and then gets no better. You sweat violently and wonder if you'll ever see your loved ones again. You imagine the newspaper headlines screaming "Man dies trying to hatch monster loaf!" There are only three things you can do: 1. Scream 2. Call an Obstetrician 3. Hope to hell you've got some Vaseline to help you get through it.

The Machine Gun Dump

Best utilized in public conveniences. You sit there in sublime peace when suddenly you emit a group of noisy gassy bursts that break the tranquility like machine gun fire. The guy in the next cubicle hits the floor like a Vietnam veteran, cradling his umbrella like a M16....damn commies.

The Sound Effect Dump

You feel a noisy one coming on but relatives, friends or work mates are within earshot. So, you must employ some clever techniques to cover the disgusting sounds you are about to emit. Timing is of the essence. At the precise moment of release, try the following: 1. Flush the toilet 2. Drop loose change on the floor, 3. Sing the first two stanzas of your favorite opera.

The Cling-On Dump

You've finished but there's one damn morsel that refuses to drop. You grip the seat with both hands and wriggle. You twist and pump but the little bastard just hands there, suspended, clinging like a canned peach between you and the water below. If only you had some scissors.......

The Whole Roll Dump

No matter how much you wipe, it just isn't enough. You blow the whole roll and have to flush at least a dozen times. The whole episode is consumer waste. Eventually if your toilet paper runs into minimal supply anything will do, towels, wash clothes, carpet, walls, whatever it takes.

The Encore Dump

Ahhh, you've done, so you wipe, dress, flush, wash hands and are about to leave the auditorium when you feel another dump coming on. You must therefore return for a curtain call. The world record is seven encores.....

The Houdini Dump

You go, you stand to flush and it has disappeared! Did it creep down the pipe or did you dream the whole thing? Should you flush? Oh yes as you can guarantee that if you don't, it will reappear and smile at the next person who comes in.

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7