A monkey's Uncle

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ParseRaider, Oct 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ParseRaider

ParseRaider Monkey

Hello,
    I am Mike form Port Lavaca, texas....... which by the way the system here would not let me add in my control panel for some reason. That and my occupation????

Must be one of those glitch things I hear about.

Anyway, I am almost retired and love fishing, gardening, tools and puttering with any of the above AND rock hunting....

For real rocks..... like the ones found near Terlingua Texas where we hope to go for the 49th [ or 50th anniversary of the Chili Cook-off]. Is the first thursday of November.

We finally got ourselves an RV and do not even have 1 sticker on the back!! SO we are Terlingua bound this November god-willing and the creek don't rise :)

Anyway, I grow a lot of my own food and got interested in fermenting as a low cost method of preserving food. Actually got into it because I got all noastalgic for the ole time brine pickles.

Hope to learn and share while here,
    Sincerely,
    Mike

hitchcock4, Marck, Seepalaces and 6 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey Mike.
    Just as a side note, I deleted your last name for opsec reason's.
    We respect privacy of all and I wanted to ensure yours was maintained. Glad to have you here and looking forward to seeing more of you. Many of us will be interested in your fermenting process if you want to share.
    YD

Seepalaces, kellory and chelloveck like this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

welcome!

4. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome!

5. ParseRaider

ParseRaider Monkey

Thank you all for the welcome.
    I was here for minutes and found that book from 1918 about canning methods and it is pretty good.
    I was wondering why someone would ruin perfectly good hootch in a desire to obtain vinager but I guess we all have to sacrifice something, sometime for one the ahhhh............... betterment of mankind? :)
    Mr Dart, Thanks for the offer about the fermenting line we are working on putting into production. If I can find a way to contact you fellas privately I can let you know where we stand and if we can help the site in any way as well.
    Right now it is between a pipe dream and a possible..............
    Mike

kellory, chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Welcome to our tree @ParseRaider .. All your futures begin with a dream.. Piped or otherwise..

chelloveck likes this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Sounds great Mike!!
    Once you get to the point of a product/process you may want to advertise/sell, please contact one of the Admin for further guidance.
    In the mean time, please feel free to enjoy what you can find here and share what you find worthy. ;)

Don't mind that crazy gal trying to ruin good hooch for vinegar.... @ditch witch is good folk. :)

Ganado, kellory and chelloveck like this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Aloha and e komo mai, Mike!

9. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Welcome to the troop! Just like the Zoo there's lots to see!
    [​IMG]

Ganado likes this.
  10. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

C'mon in and hang around.
    Lots of good people and good information to share.

Ganado likes this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Glad you joined the monkey @ParseRaider. May I ask what you do with the rocks you hunt?
    Do you look for fossils? Make tools from them?

Welcome aboard.

12. ParseRaider

ParseRaider Monkey

Miss Motomom34,
    In that area is a rock called PomPom or Plume agate which looks like the old timey cat-eye marbles only is reds and yellows. Right now all I can do is tumble and flat plate polish but dont have a consistant way to cut them. [saw]
    I looked at the pics of the party at Terlingua which is a few miles from the ranch that lets you look for a small fee and figured that there were rocks at the festival also but I didn't see anything colorful on the ground.
    The agate comes in a biscuit which is a small oval shaped rock with dull covering unlike what is inside. Time eroded it's beauty I guess.
    I will probably just polish some and make keychains and all.
    If I see any fossils I pick them up and arrowheads and such but mainly all I have found has been petrified woods. One piece I had to tap with a hammer to make sure it was not fresh-cut it was so detailed and colorful.

And thanks for the welcome :)

chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  13. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome here.

14. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Maybe you think hooch made out of rotted peach peels is good... I prefer the stuff we make from corn and malted barley myself.

15. ParseRaider

ParseRaider Monkey

Yuck.. I didn't read about the rotten part :)
    I raised bettas, those fighting fish once or twice and they love vinager eels. When you look at 200 baby bettas attacking a swarm of eels with a magnifying glass it is wild!
    I don't know how eels started in the wild but I have always worried about drinking the lil fellas. Without a magnifying glass the vinager looks like it is cloudy and there is a super small amount of "flash" once in a while . You can actually see the worms if you look hard enough.
    BTW U have a 6 hole "flute" style ahhh. reactor waiting for someone who knows how to solder :) She is one pretty tool too.

chelloveck likes this.
  16. ParseRaider

ParseRaider Monkey

I meant I have not U... I got fat fingers and a technology resistant mind

17. ParseRaider

ParseRaider Monkey

Nice words. He does have a simian look in his brow :)

18. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Welcome!!

19. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome to our little part of the web...

20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Well, I'll be a monkey's 2nd cousin twice removed....I'm not that closely related.

1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly