A New Declaration of Independence for Our Country

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fl4848, Apr 18, 2023.

1. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

A New Declaration of Independence for Our Country

2. Steverino

Steverino #LEAVETHEGOP

instead of creating a new declaration... how's about fighting for the existing Constitution???

...most of us know this isn't gonna get resolved with words..

[​IMG]

SB21 and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

…..instead of just dropping a link to IdiotTube alone why not at least give a view on it ?

Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3, Dunerunner and 3 others like this.
  4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Follow the Constitution as it is written, the founding Fathers were educated men (they had extensive library's) and well read in all subjects. We have politicians now who are lawyers and used car salesmen educated in double speak.

jim2, Alf60, techsar and 4 others like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

People today do not understand the concept of self government. Of and By the People is specific in its meaning but we have always had those in our country that turn to .Gov for their salvation. There is something in people that makes them believe that they deserve to be taken care of but America was founded by those who cared for themselves, worked hard and forged a country out of a wilderness. The thought of dependency never occurred to them as that was the system of Europe where people were ruled by the elites a system that our founders found abhorrent.

Self sufficiency, self reliance, and self governing people are free! Government dependent people are slaves.

6. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

The world does not owe me a living. It's my efforts that put beans on the table and a roof over my head. A cradle-to-coffin mentality would make me dependent on a person or a government that will withdraw their support if I don't toe the line, obey the party rules and so forth. The men who framed our constitution were statesmen, not politicians. Wow! What a difference an attitude can make!

jim2, magicfingers and Dunerunner like this.
  7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The Founding Fathers were the smartest men that EVER lived! No one alive today could hope to do better! Leave both the Declaration of Independence and Constitution alone!

Zimmy, gii shi kan dug, jim2 and 4 others like this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution are truly masterpieces. They changed, not just our portion of North America, but the entire world. I also think there are parts that even the genius of the Founding Fathers could not have foreseen which is why we have Amendments. Yes, we need some more Amendments, like a Balance Budget, Term Limits and a few others are greatly needed IMO. Do we need a new Constitution? No.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    Zimmy, jim2, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  9. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

IMHO of all the printed materials on earth thru history, these documents are second only to The Holy Bible.

Zimmy and BTPost like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

One thing to ALWAYS understand, and remember, is that “The Declaration of Independence” is NOT THE LAW OF THE LAND, in the USA, but a statement of FACTs, and Grievances, to a Tyrannical Imperial Government.. Our Constitution, as Amended, IS THE LAW OF THE LAND, in the USA…

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I have long held the opinion that if George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and company could see our country today...they would say "GOD SAVE THE KING"! You don't want to know what the fate of negros (slave and free) would have been!

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7