A new face from PA.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mtbkski, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mtbkski

mtbkski Monkey++

Hello All,

I am back into the Survival Mode again. I say again, cause I was into this big time about 20 years ago. I slowly got out of it and sad to say, got rid of most of what I had bought up. But, I once more see a need for getting my butt in gear and start doing more to be prepared.

I have always been slightly prepared. I keep a small supply of food and water in the house all the time. I could survive comfortably for a couple days if there was a major snowstorm or something of the nature. I keep B.O.B.'s in both vehicles in case I would ever need to hoof it home while on the road. I am well prepared firearms wise with a nice stock of firearms and ammo. I have the tactical gear I need to carry what I should need when on foot. Would like to double up on some things. But money will dictate when I do that again. Rather get stuff I don't have first.

I am trying to get up to date on what has changed. 20 years ago, it was all about surviving a Nuclear Blast. And that was about all we feared. Lots more to fear now a days.

I do have the betterhalf prepared to build a better stockpile of food, and with us building the upstairs now, I am able to build racks right into the walls to store can goods and other supplies.

So, here I am. Look forward to getting to know some of you via the forum. And maybe even meeting up face to face one day.

2. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

Welcome, mtbkski. I'm sort a newbie at this. I've been reading up on prepping for quite a while, but only recently started doing anything. This forum has been really helpful to me.

Anyway, welcome again!

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Welcome to the Board.

4. andy

andy Monkey+++

welcome mtbkski

5. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Welcome to the board .

We all need to keep currant on what's up.

6. tuxdad

tuxdad Monkey++

Welcome from a south central Pa., neighor[winkthumb] !!

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the forum.

8. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm late. Yikes!

Welcome to the Board! :)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7