A New Guy with a house purchase on solar, not knowing anything about it

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Nadja, Jul 7, 2012.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Along the way he best start a schematic and a BOM that he has used.

It sure makes it easier to sell later and it allows others to help him with problems without having to go on site first.

One of the things I always run into when helping others in an Electrical SNAFU is the lack of labels and incorrect wire colors when multiply power sources are used in a system. Not to mention the required labels that let others know of this dual source of power in a grid and alternate supply system.

It's one of those things that keep firemen alive and shows the difference from a cobbled up power system and a system that a real electricain aka NEC Qualified and a jackleg electrician. Plus if you need "paid" help then it just takes more time to sort out a problem without a schematic, all out of pocket expense that should have been completed at each step of the install.

HK

2. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

That is pretty much the general idea BT. But he only has the money to add another 300 watts at the moment. Sunshine ? It is raining , or at least pretending to rain. All clouds and no solar charging of any kind for the last and next few days. How you doing up there in never never land ? Lol

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is a wet Summer here as well... Starting to think about getting my winter supplies ordered.. and put in...
    I have to get my Genset LubeOil order of 60 USG of Delo400 15W40 in 5 USG Pails..

4. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Well we are finally getting real rain. It is coming down like cats and dogs right now. It is all slip and slide if you trying to get to my place ! Or canoe

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7