A New Warrior Emerges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, May 6, 2012.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Will's Rule is ...You have to be 18...

Grammy is good too Go...!!!

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Here Ya go R.H.

Rumor has it ....

F-16's...Next Year...

Chicken/Sausage/Jambalaya...was Bad Azz...

Ammo to Go was there...So Travel Lite...!!!
    100_3357. 100_3351. 100_3386. B-daybash12004. B-daybash12297. IMG_2744Medium. B-daybash12097. IMG_2751Medium.

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Oh...This year our Range Master's were U.S. Marine's...

God Bless these Boy's...Very nice young men...

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No that's my idea of a fun afternoon. Never been into shoe shopping too much. I just sent a bunch of sample parts off to Red Jacket so I may have to make a visit down there soon - hopefully. I'd like to delivery the first order!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Roll with me R.H

and i will bring you too the Super Secret Location...

lol...

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

This is the wifey Rock'n a 1919...and

On the left is my friend Glenn...and...

If you stick Tannerite in a Zombie's Head...Stuff is gona burn...

lol...
    Red Jacket 6-2-12 068.JPG Red Jacket 6-2-12 054.JPG

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Beautiful young woman with the heart of a warrior, the world will be at her fingertips. Congrats as I know you are proud.

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I love to watch her fierce competitiveness on the ball field

Catcher Hayley.

9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

20mm ?

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lahti anti-tank weapon..Yes it's a 20mm...

11. RightHand

3 days in high school and already she's being bombarded with choices that she shouldn't be asked to make. Driving along after I picked my little warrior up from Field Hockey practice last night, told me that because she's an athlete, she was getting pressure to join the "gay, lesbian, straight alliance" club. One of her hockey teammates told her "you're either with us or against us." Miss Hayley has never encounter quite this kind of pressure before so it gave me the opportunity to offer some advice on following her instinct. She said she was uncomfortable seeing girls kiss girls and boys kiss boys and she asked how she would know if she was a lesbian. I told her I thought she had answered her own question when she said it made her uncomfortable.

I can see that this is just the beginning of the pressure that will come to bear on those young shoulders.

TheEconomist likes this.
  12. What does she think about Mooses?

13. RightHand

I think she would probably like you Mort, and maybe Bullwinkle, but I'm not sure about moose in general. I certainly don't want to raise a moose hater but I do want her to be discriminating

14. I think I may have found a ride to Frank's cave on a friend's B17 Bomber but I have to parachute to get there. Think I'll wear my new pink suit and surprise him!

15. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

"Either with us or against us." Wow.

I think there are so many other athletic programs that one can persue without having to be a member of a team... Running, shooting, fencing, archery, horseback riding, scuba diving, rock climbing, etc. I never understood the need to be on a sports team, especially in this day and age.

My wife tells me that I am antisocial. (It's a wonder that if I'm such a loner that I ever got married.) It's not really a matter of being antisocial, it's more like that what most people do just doesn't appeal to me.

You need to make her a custom M-1A that is mostly titanium so she can compete in some service rifle matches...

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Social Scene in High School is all about Groups.... The Cool Group, The Stoners, The Jocks, The Cheerleaders, The Chess Club, The Debate Squad, The Math Club (nerds) and many many more... Each group has its "Bigots", Rules, Leaders, and sheep..... Freshmen always are looking to get "In" with a group, and as many of them have yet to build a Strong "Awareness of Self". They feel safer, and more comfortable being in a Group. Society has taught them that comfortable is GOOD, and being in a Group, is Safe... This works well, till their Individuality builds to the point, they figure out that they don't NEED the Group, and they are just fine as an Individual, with a Strong Self-awareness. This realization usually happens about their Junior or Senior Year, for girls and a bit longer for boys. Some NEVER even get there, and these are the Pure Sheeple of the World. Always a follower and NEVER a Leader, of ANYTHING. Easy to train, and they are compliant, mostly. Teach your children to be Individuals, and build into them Self-Awareness, and Self-esteem, their whole lives, from before they ever get to Grade School, and steer them to achieve Individual Success, over Group Success. They will be stronger for it, in the end, and Stronger Leaders to lead the sheeple, who never make the jump. ...... Worked for Us.....

Yard Dart likes this.
  17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

It is hard to see the pressure kids are put under these days. I think the only thing that can be done is to continue to lay a solid foundation, keep engaged in their daily lives and pray a lot!!
    RH, she is blessed to have you as a sounding board for her challenges, life is hard and moves fast for a young one.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7