A ongoing 30 day Journal

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Thunder5Ranch, Nov 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Started writing a ongoing story that opens with a possible, yet fiction scenario leading into a daily addition for the next 30 days or so. Don't know if anyone here would be interested in Mad Mike's ramblings but it is there on the FB Page and it doesn't get much more back to basics on the homestead :) Below is the opening I posted on the T5R page (The Prelude and Day1 are up) LOL I am kind of known for gianormous FB post LOL Thunder 5 Ranch | Facebook

well finished installing the wood stove in the Cabin yesterday. No electric other than a couple of extension cords. No running water except for me running with a bucket to get it [​IMG]:) I have this idea now, that while things are at a very primitive level and will be so for at least the next month, I am going to move in and live totally primitive for the next 30 days. I will get on the computer for 30 minutes to a hour and journal each days events as if this were one of those prepper SHTF scenarios where modern life falls apart. And I am left with only what I have on hand. For the disaster that brought society to its knees, lets say the big Earth Quake hit and I escaped from my urban home and made it to a cabin/homestead, I keep in a very rural area, that doubles as a back up bug out location. In some ways this will be unfair, remember I am the guy that walked into the wilderness with nothing but the clothes on my back and knife on my belt and came out 2 years later wearing buckskins and 30 pounds heavier than when I went in. so this scenario is a cake walk for me [​IMG]

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Nice start to your 30 day journal in FB. Keep it up! (y)

1. survivalmonkey
  2. survivalmonkey
  3. Seacowboys
  4. Velit_Survival
  5. Velit_Survival
  6. kdalton
  7. RightHand
  8. RightHand
  9. Brokor
  10. CATO
  11. Falcon15
  12. BTPost