A Proud Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Sep 7, 2009.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My grandson outshot me at the range today! I'm so proud of him because he has worked hard for the past year to earn the win. You see, I'm of the generation that believes that we can take pride in what we earn rather than what is given to us. Accordingly, I never hold back so I have always beaten him whether its at the range, on the golf course, at the Archery range, fishing - you get the picture. This is the first time he has ever beaten me at anything and I don't know who was prouder, him or me. I think he will remember today for a long time to come and will understand that it is only through hard work and practice that we succeed. As for me - the time for complacency is over.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

congratulations ! [boozingbuddies]

3. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It must be a proud kind of day, I as well am proud of today! My three year old daughter pulled her first trigger and she asked to do it! She was so excited when she was done, big smile and all. She also learned how to pee in the woods, ride a Gator, and lit her first bottle rocket! I know what you mean when you say you are proud of them!

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

You are an amazing teacher, RH!

Congratulations to you both on your success.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7