A Rocky Mountain "HI" to all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GrayGhost, Jan 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

You have posted so much information...I definitely have some studying to do.

As far as expert goes,you're beyond that! I was thinking more along the lines of master craftsman. I am truly in awe of your work!

I look ford to our discussion. You all are too kind!

God bless...

Bear likes this.
  2. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Welcome

3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

I'm all about the cornbread...throw in some ham and beans and I'm a happy camper!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    Ganado and Bear like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Skillet corn bread is good stuff. Much easier then sourdough. I made a few batches of pumpkin cornbread but the kids declared they like the normal stuff better.

Ganado and GrayGhost like this.
  5. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

It's been years since I've made it in the skillet. The cast iron is always on the stove, the weather is right...I may have to get a batch going tonight!

kellory likes this.
  6. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Can't say I've ever had pumpkin cornbread, though it sounds good! Sourdough is one of my favorites...actually, all breads are good by me. Homemade and buttered.

7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Welcome, nice to meet ya.

8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

9. Attaboy

Attaboy Monkey

Hi fellow rockey mountainers (not a word i know) I am wondering does anyone ever meet from here and discuss things or is it strickly online?

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You will find that MOST Monkeys take OpSec, very seriously.... After you have been around a while, and meet some of the Monkeys, from around your AoO, they may be interested in a FaceMeet, but that takes time, and getting acquainted... and building relationships, among friends.... Many Monkeys are on a bit of a Privacy Kick, and tend to keep their Family, and Prep'ing Information, Private...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    GrayGhost likes this.
  11. Attaboy

Attaboy Monkey

Ok, makes sense, I was just cirious.

12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

@Attaboy I've probably met with 20-30 members over the years but am always careful when doing so. Public place, camping trip etc.

GrayGhost likes this.
  13. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Welcome, @Attaboy.

No, I haven't met anyone here in person. I believe there are a number around though.

Maybe one day, a group meet and greet may be in order....safety in numbers. Building relationships are important, and there are many good people here if you take the time to converse. Looking forward to more...

Attaboy likes this.
  14. Rocky Road Lerp

Rocky Road Lerp Monkey+++

Welcome! I've been offline for a bit, but I'm back obviously. I consider myself lucky that this is the only site I know. The people here have been very helpful and quick to give their time in bringing me up to speed. Now if someone can get "ice off" to come a little quicker, I've got some fish calling. ;)

Ganado, Yard Dart and GrayGhost like this.
  15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah...the people here have been great.

I know what you mean, I'm ready for spring!

Ganado likes this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly