A Thought Provoking Editorial on Snowden

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tulianr, Jun 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Points well made. I'm starting to look forward to that Carrington effect, myself.

2. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I had the opportunity yesterday to have a long conversation with on old friend, who still works for the Agency, about the Snowden affair and the resulting fallout.

He told me that the only positive result of the whole mess, at least from an NSA employee's perspective, is that the sequestration mandated furloughs which had hit them along with every other Defense Department activity, had been suspended. The agency is actually surging in the wake of the intelligence leaks to determine exactly what Snowden may have had access to, and to assess potential consequences of the release of that information.

He also confirmed to me what I had feared; that the agency was evaluating their information security posture at all levels of the organization, and questioning whether this new era of openness had gone too far. Doors are starting to close, and cubicles (literal and figurative) are going back up. Thank you Mr. Snowden.

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The locking of doors may prove to be a downfall to the snowden period. If anything they will lock down their protocol's and procedures to prevent future releases of information which will include a purge of a group of like minded individuals that fit the profile as he did.

tulianr likes this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

As long as humans are involved, security will always be less than 100 percent effective. There will be leaks.

Yard Dart likes this.
  1. stg58
  2. melbo
  3. melbo
  4. melbo
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Mindgrinder
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7