A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

A couple of thing to keep in mind... the agenda of the artist developing the piece... and that all of the devices were not true nuclear weapons... these also included neutron bomb tests, testing of nuclear weapon triggers, and other tests that were related to nuclear weapons but my not have been nuclear weapons in the true sense of the word... YMMV

2. RedRooster

RedRooster Monkey+

I'm not justifying the accuracy of the time-line link but a little research on google maps shows some hair raising topographical features.

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Only a handful of those flashes in the Western US were above ground tests. Mainly in the 40's, until they learned that wasn't such a good idea. Beginning in the early 50's all tests were conducted underground with very low yield explosions. I was there for many of those later flashes. I was at ground zero and was tested frequently over the years for radiation exposure and never had any at all. As for earthquakes [dunno]. They are trying to claim that oilfield fracking is causing them in the central US.

4. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

You... don't?

:oops:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7