A timely Quiz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jun 28, 2012.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I suppose I could have done better if I were not sipping rum most of the evening. 27 correct out of 33 .... or 81.82%

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

28. Missed two that were obvious, the other three I flat did not know.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

31 - missed the one about the puritans (odd) and the one about FDR and the Supreme court. Now I want some of the young people to take it and see how they compare to we old coots who know nothing

5. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

84.85% (28 out of 33)

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

27 out of 33, made a couple bone head mistakes

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Damn Colt, I guess you and I get to sit in the corner with dunce caps on our heads.:oops:

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

32 of 33... but i teach this stuff....

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

29 out of 33 correct = 87.88%

I stuffed up badly with a basic book keeping question that I should have known. Otherwise the questions missed were mostly US history.

Not too shabby for an Australian

10. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I don't feel too bad about it, the Engineer and Retired Marine only scored one more than we did.

and we only missed 2 less than the educated eccentric.

11. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I scored:
    You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %
    Missed five. Guess I need to do more homework....... :(

12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

31 of 33 - 93.94% ok, I suppose. What is appalling is the low levels scored by elected officials. It is no wonder they pass laws that go against the Constitution and the intent of the Founding Fathers.

13. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

32/33, and I disagree with the one I got wrong. The question was something along the lines of, "If government revenue equaled government spending..." I didn't think any of the answers were right, but I had to put something, so I put that government debt would be zero. The "correct" answer was something like, "average tax per person would be equal". Bovine Scatology.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  14. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

That one had me stop for a second also...but for the gov't debt to be zero, there would have to be no outstanding balance. Therefore, avg tax per person would equal avg govt spending per person.

But yeah, BS either way.:eek:

RightHand likes this.
  15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Pyrrhus, same here. Seemed the 'more right' answer of the four.
    I missed the one on FDR too, as I couldn't believe he'd have THAT much cheek!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7