A very sad day....

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by rsbhunter, Feb 2, 2013.

1. rsbhunter

rsbhunter Monkey+

I received an e-mail from Nadja, a long time member here, on Thursday. In it, he explains how he has suffered a major illness, and the out come is not good. I don't know that he would even want this posted, so i will not go into details, suffice it to say, it was stated that it will be a short time.
    I know that nadja has helped me immensely, and probably many, many more with help on solar and other things....Please keep Nadja, his wife and family in your prayers....Nadja became a very good friend to me through many phone conversations and e-mails...more that one would believe without ever meeting the man in person....It is a great loss that the world, this forum and the people that knew him will experience by our losing him.....May God keep him safe and in peace....rsbhunter

2. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

I have neve pm'ed or phoned him, but I do know the his and @TnAndy 's post have helped me immensely in my ongoing change to solar. He was always helpful and knowledgeable with his post. Even though I have only been around for a little over a year, I feel a friendship with many on here that goes well beyond most forum sites.

@Nadja will be in the thoughts and prayers of me and my family.

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Wow...!!! Great better man..!!!

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@rsbhunter, please repost in the prayer closet. We've missed him already due to the absence, and will continue.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

This is sad news indeed.
    Prayers for Kurt

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

My thoughts go to Nadja and his family...his contributions to the site are much valued and his absence has been keenly felt. I do not know the man personally but I do know that he is much respected by the monkey family here.

7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I have wondered about him 5 or 6 times over the past few months. Sad news indeed . . . will leave a hole in the Monkey that won't soon be filled.

8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Sad indeed. I really wish him well.

9. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I have been away from the forum for quite a while. I sure hope he will be alright. I talked with Kurt several times on the phone about solar. His off grid power system is the core reason I am trying to build one. My prayers are also added of course. Best wishes Kurt , what ever it is you can beat it. Get well my brother. Kingfish

10. farmboyJD

farmboyJD Monkey++

Sadly, I have to update this thread by informing everyone that Kurt a/k/a Nadja has passed away. He was a good friend and went out of his way to help people. In a last message to me, he quoted that "he did it my way". He will be missed.

11. rsbhunter

rsbhunter Monkey+

FarmboyJD, i talked to his wife this weekend , and she informed me that Najda had passed at 7:15 in the morning. I know that you were close to him, as he mentioned you many times in our phone conversations. I have lost a friend, as have many of us....Kurt (nadja) was a man always willing to share whatever he had...i had talked to him alot, and learned alot...about solar, but mostly about life. I learned that you never had to have met someone for them to be a true friend....Someone who will be a very large void in my heart....As there aren't alot of people who just accept other's without condition......we take for granted each day that we wake up.....Let's learn to love each day, smile alot more, and be willing to make a new friend at every chance....God protect you Kurt, and may the sun always shine on you....may each step be lighter than the last, and may you rest in peace knowing that there were many that considered themselves lucky, just to be a friend to you.....rsbhunter

scrapman21009 and BTPost like this.
  12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

RIP Nadja
    :(

Kurt was a great source of information and friendship to many here. My prayers go out to his family as they deal with the loss of a great man. I'll sure miss his input and advice on off-grid living.

13. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Kurt called me many times and was the ONLY person I ever talked with from a survival site outside of the site. His help with my solar plans was what is driving me to finish. My wife and I both will miss him and will send condolences to his wife. This is terrible news. He will be missed

Brokor likes this.
  14. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

The Monkey Tree will be a poorer place for the loss of Nadja. Rest In Peace fellow Monkey, and Prepare not for turmoil here on Earth any more,but for Peace Ever Lasting. :(

15. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

May you find peace in heaven that you did not find on this earth

16. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

RIP

17. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

Wow, Nadja will be missed by many, I Gleaned allot of info from Kurt. RIP Friend.

Jason

18. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I never met or spoke with Kurt but it was obvious that he considered everyone on here in the Tree a friend, if only by association. I am saddened for our and his families loss and will keep them in my prayers.

kellory likes this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

20. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

RIP Kurt. Prayers to his family and friends!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7