A visitor from the Past

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Jan 5, 2008.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Patriots are not anti America.
    We may be upset with our Leaders.
    When we verbally rail against them, we are Pro-American.
    The freedoms granted us as American's were never meant to be a boot licking worship of our elected officials. In fact, I think it is uniquely American to protest and file grievances when we feel that our "American" rights are being violated.

Some of us don't want to hear it. I understand. It's painful.

iirc, about 5% of the Colonial settlers were supportive and active in the American Revolution. That means that 95% were against it or were apathetic. Some of the more outspoken watchdogs here (to me) embody that 5%. They are watching our .gov bend us over at every turn. They are catching them in the acts of corruption and criminal activity. They are pointing out the wrongs and seeking a constitutional solution to the problems.

Call them nuts, conspiracy theorists, kooks, whatever makes us hold to your own "truth"... It matters not to them. They are the 5%ers and will continue to watch out for yours and mine.

What retreat would be complete without a few guard dogs barking at the fence line? Maybe they bark at opossums and raccoons most of the time but that one night that they scared off a few bad guys while you slept safe and sound... You'll never even know about it to thank them. It is comforting to me to know that these 'kooks' are watching my back for me.

Since when did questioning the rulers become anti-American?
    Since when did questioning the rulers decision to go to war become anti troops?
    Since when did calling a president a fool become Anti-American?
    Isn't it FULLY AMERICAN to want our country to uphold the morals, rules and values that were the ones they wrote down on paper to create AMERICA?

Sometimes I wonder why we accept wrong as right and down as up... We all bitch and moan about this or that or our own pet issue while at the barber shop or the bar. But when it comes to those CT nuts actually talking about it, we pull back and defend the very system that keeps us down.

Enough. It's late and I could rail all night.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/abBVoeD5ZCs&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/abBVoeD5ZCs&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

2. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Amen, if it don't smell right question it.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

But first, question your own sense of smell. Davy Crockett: "Be sure you are right, then go ahead." [coffee2]

4. Evenglischatiest

Evenglischatiest Monkey+++

Look closely at the slide at the 41 second mark. Is that CRC? [js]

Thanks Melbo.

I, for one, am tired of being labeled a nut every time I mention the Constitution. It's the supreme law of this country, put in place with the explicit intent of limiting the government's power. Even the idea that WE need to justify OUR actions to the government, is absurd. It's THEY who are required to ask OUR permission.

5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Of course, he also said "Ya'll can go to hell, I'M GOING TO TEXAS"...... :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7