A wee problem

Discussion in 'Technical' started by TailorMadeHell, Oct 14, 2006.

1. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Okay, I am going to try and explain this in what detail I know how to.

Simple is that I cannot see any action out of the animated icons on this site nor any other site.

I am running WinXP Pro, Firefox, adaware anti-adbot, avast antivirus, and zonealarm pro as firewall. Any idea on what could be causing this little problem that is cutting down on my joy?

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I have the same problem since I went from DSL to Dial-up. My 'puter is plenty powerful and fast - the connection is slower.

3. TailorMadeHell

Well I went from modem to wi-fi. I don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. It's any animated gif that I cannot view and some videos that are imbedded in a page such as on youtube or yahoo news. I have the capability to watch swf, wmv, mpg, mpeg, avi and more. Just don't know what's up with this crazy machine. Strange. Haha.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

windows media player? check the default player settings.

5. B540glenn

B540glenn Should Be Working Founding Member

Problems with Firefox and animations? See here.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

7. TailorMadeHell

Okay, I got it fixed. That link was pretty good. I have to make sure that my cookie cleaner doesn't clear the setup logs so that it remembers how to allow them and then I have to make sure that zonealarm will allow them. So many protections cause little headaches though I can think of worse ones. :)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7