A Yooper Bazooka?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by chelloveck, Feb 7, 2014.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Well...I've taken a liberty with the headline, but it does have a nice alliterative ring to it...and there is a Yooperish flavour to the design concept, lol

Note...this contraption is only described for amusement value only...anything projecting an object at great velocity held together with zip ties, hardware store nuts, bolts, springs and packing case timber is probably more of a risk to the user than the intended target...construct and use at your own risk if legal in your own jurisdiction...doing so may invalidate any life insurance policies that you may have taken out on yourself. ;)

tacmotusn likes this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I wouldn't mind having someone with a mind like his as one of my tribe. I think he could come up with some solutions to most any so called impossible situation.

Actually, I would think this video would serve as an effective resume to many manufacturing company R&D department heads for consideration. This guy has a bright future somewhere for as long as the economy holds together. He is a diamond in the rough. A definite asset.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  3. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

Send me one to test for my site.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Better make the first shot count ---

Clever.

5. Snake_Doctor

Oh I always have a backup in case I need it.

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

save 9:30 of your live and sip to 9:30 to see the grand finale.

chelloveck likes this.
  7. Darwin

Darwin Monkey

so its a really complicated potato gun just with less power? I wish I had that much time on my hands

8. Snake_Doctor

Don't forget his misfire Darwin. Changed my mind. Idon't wanna test fire it. Though the big bore air rifles look like fun. And a lot safer than the Yooper Rifle.

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's an interesting and imaginative concept, and without a doubt, his abilities at lateral thinking and bush-engineering would be a definite asset to a prepper group.

Although my almost tongue in cheek disclaimer paragraph may appear dismissive, sometimes desperate situations require desperate measures that involve risk. The art is in determining whether the threat is worth the risks inherent to the proposed countermeasure.

I posted the video clip, not so much because I felt that it was a particularly practical solution, but that it was an imaginative and unorthodox one.

oldawg, tacmotusn and kellory like this.
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If it would maintain a vacuum, it would make a very nasty booby trap. preposition To defend an entrance.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7