About our tap water...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Equilibrium, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

If they can do it, so can we,
    Calgary removing fluoride from water supply, CBC News - Calgary - Calgary removing fluoride from water supply
    Look at the cost savings to their citizens!!!

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

GOOD! My local water service stopped flouride many years back - they do still treat with chlorine.
    I read the quarterly 'water quality reports', and check on levels of various things. So far, no problems.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

It's not so much the fluoride here that concerns me....It's ALL the "other" contaminants: (chemicals,) which they refuse to disclose that scares me!
    Too many to list!

4. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

In my work I've changed a lot of water heaters with hard deposits in them. Lime and calcium will build up but is soft and flaky. The fluoride makes it hard as a rock.
    Municipal water that is treated, is basically toilet to mouth hygiene and needs to be run through a R/O filter.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Here in Phoenix, I have to replace water heaters every 2 years now! Talk about HARD WATER! It's weird. White concrete....last few years weve replace 90% of our pipes too! All metal ones are solid packed.

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

If I remember reading correctly, Fluoride was a by-product of aluminum manufacturing that would have otherwise been disposed of as a hazardous waste until someone convinced the idiots in charge to mix it with the water and let people dispose of it down the toilet?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7