ACLU takes ATF jackbots to court

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

ACLU takes ATF jackboots to court

Judge denies movement to dismiss.( booooyeah boi!)
    http://www.srpressgazette.com/news/aclu_5047___article.html/atf_judge.html

ACLU Director of Communications Brandon Hensler says the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida received an early victory today when Senior Federal Judge Lacey A. Collier denied the ATF’s motions for summary judgment in Kilpatrick v. U.S.

The ACLU filed the case on April 18, 2006, on behalf of Karen J. Kilpatrick, who claimed that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) violated her Free Speech rights.

Kilpatrick was driving her blue van in Pensacola on April 19, 2004, with the slogans “Remember the Children of Waco” and “Boo ATF” written on some of the windows when she was pulled over by police for questioning by the ATF.

The ACLU argues in the lawsuit that her First Amendment Rights to Free Speech and her Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure were violated when officers detained her for an hour, searched her car without consent, and ordered her to remove the writing on the side of her van.

2. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

any one who breaks laws should be punished to the fullest extent of said laws. there should be a additional punishment for all the people in charge who abuse the power over the public given to them. elected officials, and law enforcement top the list. when you set the example you better be ready for the wrath of the justice system if you break any laws.

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

WOW, mark this on the calendar, first time I can remember siding WITH the ACLU. I'm shocked!!!

I usually just want the ACLU to go back to the rock they came from, but not this time WOOHOOO.

4. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Yes it's definately a first for me to agree with them as well! A sure sign that [shtf]has really and truly happened!

Byte

5. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Me too. Amazing what happens when people defend their rights. The true criminals crawl back in their holes like a sand crab. Any thing in the future amounts to retaliation by them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7