Acquiring Book Knowledge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by STANGF150, Nov 13, 2011.

1. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Quite awhile back I noticed when buying bird feed at Tractor Supply Co. that they had a stand with interesting books & manuals on it. Books on Blacksmithing, Gardening, Raising Rabbits or Chickens or Goats and other farming related topics s well.

Last week a new store in my county opened that part of a growing chain. The name of it is "Ollie's". Let me tell you they got more books than Walmart's book section can dream off, or any small book store. Sections on everything you can imagine. An GOOD Prices on them as well. From the Guns bookcase I came home with a copy of "The Ultimate Guide To U.S. Army Survival Skills, Tactics, And Techniques" An found by accident another book "Survival How A Culture Of Preparedness Can Save You And Your Family From Disasters" by Lt. Gen. Russel L. Honore (U.S. Amy, Ret.). I'm looking forward to reading these & adding them to my Bookshelf of Practical Knowledge & Know-How.

Just goes to show, you can find knowledge in unusual places sum times. :)

2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Hit that Ollie's book section while you can and hit it hard. The Ollies here turned into an overpriced dollar store like odd lots in under 6 months.

Cephus likes this.
  3. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Thanks for the tip. I've seen that store, but haven't dropped in yet. I'll make a point to do so.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7