Adam savage years later talking about the RFID myth

Discussion in 'Technical' started by oil pan 4, Oct 4, 2017.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm not sure if this belongs in financial, inferno, comms so I'll just put it here because when I saw it I was reminded of the secmon's Bluetooth post.

Seepalaces and Bandit99 like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Interesting... Want to bet they go into the Military and government agencies first?

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

If they chip your food, house, car work place, clothes. roads, glasses, hearing aids, heart pacemaker, appliances, electric system, phone, computer,etc, why would they need to chip you? Wait they already have the capability to do so and are just waiting for the legacy equipped things to be outlawed or replaced.

Seepalaces likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If your credit card can be hacked by some one merely walking down the street with a reading device ,what makes any one think that the chip in their body is invulnerable to the same hacking?

Seepalaces likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That depends on the extent to what the chip is used for. At the moment their use is pretty limited.
    These rfid chips have been used to unlock electronic door locks, they could be used to replace your keyless vehicle key, there isn't any reason why it couldn't unlock your cell phone, it can replace some or all of your credit cards so yeah it's a pretty good hackers target.

Seepalaces likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7