AD's Primal Paleo Journey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by AD1, Jan 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@AD1 Great Primal journey, I enjoy reading it and cheered when you broke 230 also. You are doing great.

2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Saturday 2/6/2016

229.1lbs BP*

Breakfast was a light fruit(fresh organic strawberrys & razberrys), banana with almond butter(ie like peanut butter) and home made granola. With fresh ground organic french press coffee.
    image.

But wait you say.... Isnt that a MUFFIN on your plate????? Busted.....

But wait there's more......

These are THE BEST Paleo muffins ever. And totally allowed in the lifestyle.

Check them out.
    image.

Ganado, Motomom34, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

10 lbs down.... WELL DONE!!

AD1 likes this.
  4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Yard its actually 246(246-250 range)- 229=17 lbs since 1/4

Yard Dart and Garand69 like this.
  5. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Update:

The last 10 days has been a little ruff. Got nailed by a very sick half dead cat that we have been feeding for a few years. He was so sick he could not even lift his head due to a upper respiratory illness that has hit the local colony.

He ended up needing to be put down and I got a 10 day course of antibotics and a tetiness(sp) shot
    image.

Today weight 224.1 (-21.8 lbs since Jan 4th)

To help clean my gut out after the 10 days of antibiotics(i was taking probiotics during the time)

For the next 5 days(Mon-Fri) my wife and I are doing a Organic Juice Cleanse Suja Juice :: Suja's Organic Juices Keep You Balanced and Hydrated

She is a Certified Integrated Nutrition Health Coach ( The Institute for Integrative Nutrition ) and put together a 5 day cleanse for us.

She has had issues with chronic illness due to mold in our home that almost killed her and kicked off a horrible case of Late Stage Disseminated Lyme Disease, that we battled for over 10 years. She is getting better now that she took charge of her health and proper nutrition and taking this year long class was a BIG help.

She has done these cleanses before as part of her healing, but I never have participated.

So 4 of the Suja Juices in a day along with a organic salad for dinner, is was the week looks like.

Yesterday I was staking some lessons in Morse Code(just starting to learn) via Welcome to LCWO.net - Learn Morse Code (CW) Online! - Learn CW Online and I had M, K and U down pat, then tossed in R. for 1.5 hours I tried to copy these string of repeating letters.....No Joy. I could not remember the difference between K and R. Finally I gave up.

So I learned on the first day of a cleanse, dont try to do anything that requires brain power.

I am a little less "foggy" today, but I think I will just play on the radio with the new digital mode I stated to work last night
    JT65.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Motomom34 and GOG like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Did the cat do that? Looks like you drove nails through your hands. Yikes.

AD1 likes this.
  7. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

A very sick cat.that we have never been handled and was just reacting to him being grabbed.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

221.5 today. Slowing down the big drops, but part of that is not being diligent on the exercise front due to projects for work. I have to make time for me to keep this going.

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Getting out and moving has been a chore due to work obligations. I know, I know I need to make time....

Anyway I have been starting to do long rides on my Mtn Bike again but on urban trails. Took the dirt tires off on put the city tires on as all of the city riding is on paved streets or paths. It will chew up a set of $150+ Mtn Bike tires in short order.

Yesterday was a 16 mile ride and I can say the first 1/2 was great, the last half......... Well just look at the performance charts and you will understand.

This first image is from the Polar Training software. I wear a Polar RCX3 HR monitor and have the associated GPS unit that integrates with it. Not only does it track distance, speed but also elevation.

On this ride its along a canal with a paved bike, hike walkway. Its 1-ish miles from my house and saves time for me when I want to ride but dont want to attach the bike rack to the truck and haul it somewhere to ride. It stretches about 20 miles one way so you can get a great ride, all be it level, in the city and NOT have to deal with traffic except at road crossings but the Citys have installed crossing lights to help get over these busy road ways.

I have put the cursor over the "downwind" section of this 16 mile ride. You can see the speed here at the 6.7 mile mark is 15.9 mph but maxed out at 19 mph, but 16 is about the average for this section. My heart rate in this section was 158 beats per min. I have blobbed out my QTH in this photo for obvious reasons. Red is the Heart rate, Grey is the speed on the chart. The cursor on the map is almost to the end of the outbound ride heading due east.

downwind ride max spd 17 mph.

This image is the upwind ride. I go down to the end in the town of Gilbert and turn around and head back the same way I came. Remember the speed is the grey line and the cursor is over the avg of the "upwind section" at the 12.7 mile mark and you can see the speed here is 7.9 mph. You can see by the map cursor that I am almost back to the beginning on the canal where I head north to go home.

Can you say head wind!!!!! Directly out of the west. Square on my back outbound and right in the kisser on the return.
    My heart rate is the same and if you look closely at the graph, you can see where the speed bottoms out just before the 45 minute mark where I turn around and head back west. Notice the big drop in speed.

Its at times like this that you wonder why you started on the ride in the first place.

My peddle cadence was the same for the hole ride, but due to the wind, the gearing was lower hence the lower speed to compensate for the headwind. This is kind of demoralizing with the head down looking at the "speedo" and knowing you aint going any faster than that.

Just under the "popup" menu past the red vert line you can see the speed(grey line) jump back up to about 12 + mph due to me turning north and having no head wind. This last 2 miles is where I start the cool down section of the ride where you can see the HR drop out of the "orange" section into the green @ around 116 BPM.
    upwind ride avg spd 7 .

The end result was 1.5 hour ride and 1222 calories burned.

Weight this AM "BP" was 221.

The goal is sub 210lbs by May for my 62 birthday. Should be easy to meet/break that mark.

Motomom34 likes this.
  10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@AD1
    Congratulations!! I'm 225 and want to be 210-215,

@ghrit
    For being "Wicked cranky 1" you have a quick eye and a sense of humor. :lol::lol:

11. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Thanks @Tikka

I started on Jan 4th bouncing between 246 & 250. Its actually been pretty easy to get to 221. Just eat right and exercise.

12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@AD1
    I stand in awe of your achievement.

My issue is I want to be more fit and avoid adding muscle mass. My first step will be take the babies (Pitts) walking.

AD1 likes this.
  13. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

@Tikka
    Thx sir

If you look at post #14 in this thread, you will see I/We(wife and I) started walking at least 4-5 days/week most times around 2-3 miles.

It just takes wanting it and moving. It will come. Baby steps.

Get the Primal Blueprint books and cook books. We used a combo of that and Paleo which my wife has been on for about 5 years to correct a chronic illness needing to be sugar, dairy and gluten free.

The big challange for me was to stop drinking. I travel for work and entertain clients so wine for dinner was an everyday thing. Then toss in being away from home for upto 3 weeks at a time, hotel rooms can be a great place to wash away the stress a bottle or two of wine at a time.

At 61 I had to make a change

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  14. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Yesterday was all flat land stuff. Even though it was 16 miles 1/2 into the wind today was some vertical time.

The hike was just under 2 miles but the first half was up and along a ridge line.

The spots where I was still and heart rate dropped was waiting for the wife to catch up ;)

Still burned 800+ calories. Max HR 160 avg 122.

image.

Motomom34 likes this.
  15. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Here is a different view of the hill the trail starts on the right side where it says Pima Canyon and goes right along the ridgeline. If you zoom in you can see the trail.

image.

Motomom34 likes this.
  16. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

New milestone this AM. 218.8

And a problem with my bike rides.

If you look at the maps above you see the straight line going left/right across the map.

That line follows a canal path.

Everytime I ride I would experience what I thought were wood or metal sliver in my thumb or index fingers on my right hand where the fingers were outside the glove. This happens so often that i would stop riding and get out my fine tweezers to see if I could remove them. Those that work with metal know what those little thin metal slivers or splinters under the skin feels like.

This has been going on for years that I have been riding this path. This week I had an epiphany!

Notice anything about this photo on my path? Discuss amoung yourselfs for a while

image.

17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

So the electro magnetic field is pulling spinners from you hands? and gratz on your new milestone!

AD1 likes this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

static build up. Take off your helmet and see if your hair stands up. :lol:

Ganado and AD1 like this.
  19. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

You guys are sharp. I believe the bike is charging up as I ride through this EField and when my finger of thumb touches the metal brake bracket on the handlebars that charge is transfered to my hand.

Now I am courious on the amount of charge and if there are any health issues with prolonged transit directly under these HV powerline at 12-20 mph.

Ganado likes this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

lol I've been around too many 500k lines

Yard Dart and AD1 like this.
  1. runswithdogs
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Ganado
  4. cschattner
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Ganado