AD's Primal Paleo Journey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by AD1, Jan 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

OK yesterday was very frustrating. Went to a outdoors farmer market that was very cool, but for the first time in a long time a trained observer could tell I was "carrying".

Why you ask?

Well this morning the scale said 215.3 lbs but what does that have to do with yesterday?

Look at this pick. I carry a full sized Glock 35 40 S&W and 2 extra full magazines plus a Benchmade Adamas auto sharp.

As I got out of the truck, my pants started slipping down. I tried to grab a tighter belt loop and there was not one on my "duty belt". So during this outdoor event I tried to keep my pants up which is where someone train in spotting a carrier would have spotted me quick.

Here is the pick of that belt and you can plainly see the progression to a smaller waist size to the point that now I need to make a "new hole".

You can see a full 5 inches of belt reduction over exactly 3 months tomorrow. The scrape above the 5 inch mark on the tape is where I needed/tried to force the new hole yesterday ;)

image.

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The Primal curse has stricken you as well......
    I have a pile of old belts, some in brand new condition, that I can not wear anymore. I had a couple of the leather belts that I kept punching holes in till the "tail" became to long. I ended up having to buy all new belts and pants........ not such a bad thing!!

Great Job AD1 !!!!!

Ganado and AD1 like this.
  3. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Well its been busy for my consulting job working from home for the past 5 months.

That means I can control my diet much better.

This morning i was 213.3 lbs

I leave for 10 days for a business trip and its a good thing I am staying in a Residents Inn with a full kitchen so I can have a little better control of my intake.

We shall see if I can break my 210lbs goal before I get back.

My ultimate goal was to get to 210lbs of below by the end of May for my 62 birthday. Now I may shoot for 200lbs

4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Its almost a week from my 62 birthday and I am 2 lbs over my target weight of 210 which would be -40lbs.

I have hovered at the +2-4 lbs over the target for 3 plus weeks. I am weak and let a toxic job get in the way of my progress and my much needed exercise, but the diet was on track.

I am back on track now but head to Tampa to a SOCOM meeting for a week, so to hit my goal, I will need to be extra diligent, exercise daily(walk, run and some weights) eat right(the hardest thing on the road) and stay away from the drink.

90% humidity this week so it will be like working out in a sauna while I am there.

Its important for me to "see" 210 on the scale between now and when I get back next weekend. Wish me the strength to get there.

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Well done @AD1 !! :5s:

6. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Ok one week away from B day, an I still need to shed 2-ish lbs. been working out all this week and the last 3 in the gym which may have been a slight mistake.

I have been doing my old upper/lower body routine and it dawned on me that I am burning calories and dropping weight but I am also adding muscle :( which may have been why I have been hovering around the 212 mark for many weeks.

I leave for a SOCOM tradeshow in Tampa on Sun -Fri which means a week of temptations and free liquor.....its been almost 6 months since I have had my last drink self imposed until I hit my 210lbs goal by next Thursday.

So today i went on a power ride

Almost 27 miles, 2000+ calories burned and total time of 3:59:37. Almost 4 hours, but about 1/2 hr of that was drinking coffee at the 17.5 mile mark in order to "get some gas" to help me get home.

The coffee help for about 3 miles of interval (speed training) to help burn fat after I used up all the glucose stores. The paln was to ride long and deplete the glucose stores(carbohydrates) and then do interval work to transfer energy consumption to fat burning.

If you have ever done this training you know what hitting the wall feels like cuz burning fat for the bodies energy needs SUCKS BIG ONES!!!!!! It takes every bit of willpower to keep moving forward or in my case home almost 10 miles away.

Here is the report from my polartrainer which monitors not only my heartrate but also Speed and Distance via a gps unit.

IF my "crotch" is willing, I will ride again tomorrow again.

Man I hope this works....I just need to see the number 210.anything on the scale hopefully before I go to Tampa or it will be a very painful week of working out in the 90% humidity and drinking clubsoda/lime at evening functions.

image.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

By the way, the red line is actually outbound/return path, the lttle squiggles at the end is me riding around a riprian area @ the 1/2 way point looking at "bunnies and birds" for 20 minutes.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Your whole process is inspiring and I have enjoyed reading about your journey.
    Just a point of curiosity, why are you set on achieving that specific weight? You are healthy, active and have dropped 40 lbs, not sure why the weight is so important. Its just 2 lbs.

I know this is different for men but as a woman i can vary 5 lbs a day just in water weight.

Motomom34 and AD1 like this.
  9. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Here is the report from Polar on the traing today with the heart rate trace second.

image.
    Notice anything between the two day besides today being 10 miles less than yesterdays epic ride?

Look at the second trace below and see 60% of my time I spent in the "orange zone" which is between 128 and144 where yesterday 3% of my time was spent there.

Yesterday was a purposefully lower speed to control the heart rate for fat burning along with a very long ride.

Today was a planned 16+ mile ride(my standard) and it was going to be another slooooow/low heart rate fat burning aerobic(oxygen) training like yesterday, or at least that was the plan.

As soon as I turned east and headed along the long leg, i was hit dead in the face with a 12 knot headwind. So even with a low peddle rev, way more energy was expended just to move fwd at a resonable rate.

This extra energy translated into a ton or work output and hence a higher heart rate.

This morning I was still at 212.2 after yesterday but due to some meds I am on, I have not talked to a man about a dog for 2 full days. Just took some tea to take care of that.

After my ride this moring i lost 1/2 lb and was down to 211.7

I am pushing it today and just juicing with Suja juices.

image.

Here is yesterdays HR trace(below)

image.

Motomom34 likes this.
  10. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Ganado

Its just a personal goal weight I set for myself over Christmas to see 210.x on the scale my m birthday next week.

For the last 3 weeks I have been fighting a upper respiratory infection I pick up in San Diego at the begining of the month. bronchial spasms and coughing at night. It keep me from riding cardio i like to do amd was religated to fast walks and the weight room.

I have been taking an herbal remedy for the cough but it has "plugged me up. I have been completely regular in the lifestyle until i started taking the cough remedy so all of this put me behind on seeing the 210.X as the "threshold weight" vs the "objective weight" of 200lbs.

I leave for a week in Tampe Sunday at a MIL tradeshow and my goal is to get to the threshold weight by the Bday.

Its will be hard this week to maintain so for my personal goal was to get to 210 or less before I go.

Its my target and I want/need to be able to accomplish these little thing i set my mind to.

You are totaly correct in that for all intent I have lost ~40 lbs and am much healthier but 210 or 200 is not the ultimate goal. Its to reduce the total body fat and let my weight fall where it may.

A fuy thing......yea kind of ;)

Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

gotcha! you feel like you win when you get there. I understand. thanks for taking the time to explain.

sorry you aren't feeling well. Travel... its not you its the other people passing their germs around =) good luck! I'm rooting for you!

AD1 likes this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

LOL, I read that and thought, a mother in law trade show. Would love to find a better model then what I have. :ROFLMAO:

Your journey has been amazing and even through illness you have still continued. I agree a certain goal is more of a motivator. Thanks for the up-date.

13. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

This is the Mother In Law Show
    2016 SOFIC

All things that go bang and boom [patr][YD][flag][sawgunner]

Here is a list of the VENDORS with goodies I get to fondle while there
    IT 2003

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I was right there with you until...
    not being subjective but I'd rather fondle the goodies instead of the guys...;)

Ganado likes this.
  15. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Yea that did not come out right did it[banghead]

Ganado and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  16. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

SPANKED THAT MONKEY!!!!!!!!
    [touchdown][own][smsh][dancindevil]

image.

Yard Dart, Witch Doctor 01 and Ganado like this.
  17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Congratulations!!!!!

AD1 likes this.
  18. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

[clp][rockon]Celebrate 40 lbs down in less than 6 months and the start of a new lifestyle.[clp][applaud]

image.

hot diggity, Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  19. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

BTW! The 19 Crimes is a great wine from "downunder".

Anyone know the back story of 19 crimes and OZ?

20. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Now the hard part.... Being good here....

View from the room in Tampa.

The "little blue boat" down there will be my office for part of the time
    image.

1. runswithdogs
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Ganado
  4. cschattner
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Ganado
  8. DarkLight