Advice needed.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I don't know how much it would cost -but a fence line made of 6' galvanized steel poles cemented @2-3 feet down would stop most vehicles. Of course, space them accordingly. You don't have to do this across your entire land area, just the spots that they seem to come through the most. Couple this with the natural barriers; trees, cacti, or thorn bush, and it would help considerably. Paint them orange or yellow, maybe red or striped with black. You could angle them slightly outward to give added strength, too. Again, money would come into play to purchase the cement and poles...

It must really SUCK having to spend $$$ just to keep people off your land. Have you looked at your land and surrounding area with Google Earth? It might give you some clues about a few of your visitors perhaps.

Keep us updated as best you can, Bill. Hang in there, I hope you guys can pull through.

2. Sherman

Sherman Dog Eat Dog

Tango, I love the 12g trip wire.
    Setting them up in series would create a barrage of flashbangs that would scare anyone off. A real fireworks display.
    Combine that w/ a few CS shotshell's as well.

I would also consider clearing the field of view and/or encourage native vegetation barriers, blackberrys, manzinita, voodoo roses etc. Maybe speak w/ local nursery about something that will grow like crazy in your area to disrupt that approach.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Speaking of growing things while I am sure it is too cold of an environment bamboo makes a really good barrier. I would also look at different types of hedges to put up in places where there are natural funnels or paths. Our hedges grow so dang quick we are always trimming them.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

5. Boromonkey

Boromonkey Concerned primate

"There are some really stupid laws on the books!
    1) you can kill a coyote IF and ONLY IF you are threatened personally, or a member of your family (humans only).
    2) You cannot kill a coyote if it is attacking a pet, or destroying your personal property!
    (yeah, like I'm buying into that one!)"

Don't know where you got that one.....You can shoot them scraggly buggers for sport. There's not even a season. I think you might need a hunting license but that's just a trip to Walmart. Actually, since you're in colder country, they might have nice enough coats to fetch some ammo money.

I can loan you a couple coyote calls if you want to lure 'em in close. Hell, I wish I had more free time, I'd make a trip up there and help you out...but alas.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7