Afghan Getting Ready To Fall To The Taliban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3M-TA3, Aug 12, 2021.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The news has been mostly quiet about this up t0 a few days ago. Seems Biden's brilliant foreign policy of strengthening our enemies while weakening our allies has allowed the Taliban free reign in Afghanistan. They now control over two thirds of Afghanistan's provincial Capitals and Kabul appears to be next.

Biden's response has been to plead with the Taliban to not harm US Embassy staff and has promised there won't be any Saigon like airlift. He seems to have forgotten what happened under similar circumstances in Iran, and I predict a similar hostage situation along with beheadings to make the point.

Folks, the Middle East is about to go wholly on fire in the next few weeks. Afghanistan shares borders with both Iran and Pakistan as well so you can expect a new axis of regional power. I expect full blown regional destabilization with global consequences.

We truly live in interesting times.

Correction: I previously stated that the Taliban controlled 1/3 of provincial capitals. As of Wednesday they controlled over 2/3 pr provincial capitals.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

My poor cousin just got deployed there a few months back, for a 2 year stretch!

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Sorry to hear that and I hope he will return home safely.

The thing that infuriates me the most is that once again our politicians have tossed away all the blood, sacrifice, and lives lost by our soldiers.

Dark Wolf, SB21, mysterymet and 4 others like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Any of our Mil. families that lost a child or had a child injured over the many years... should be angry as hell over this new development!!!!! My son spent much time on this crappy land... I pray that he does not hate as much as I do, this current action.
    More American blood spelt in vain.....

Dark Wolf, SB21, mysterymet and 4 others like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The best part is, they can't blame trump.
    They could have followed trumps plan, it seems like the trump plan had a hell of a lot better chance of working than bidens "cut and run plan" where the plan is: there is no plan.

Brokor, Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

428 rescued/saved
    273 recovered/KIA
    52 lost/unrecoverable
    All for WHAT?
    My oldest son has been deployed to that shit hole twice, and my youngest may yet, I thought all my deployments would be enough to last a few lifetimes, I guess not!
    My Dad was deployed there, My middle Brother, and a few of my Cousins ( so far) so I gotta ask, how many more, when will this absolute waste come to an end!!!!!

Yard Dart, 3M-TA3 and Dunerunner like this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

This crap will happen as long as we engage in police actions and not war. We could have wiped out North Korea before the Chinese ever got involved, Flattened North Vietnam in days, and mopped up Afghanistan in 90 days tops if we would have engaged in war and not police actions. I've had family involved in all of the above and luckily none died but all were scarred.

Dark Wolf, Yard Dart, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  9. oldman1111

oldman1111 Monkey

biden is sending 3000 solders back to afghanistan,what next?
    [flag]

Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and Dunerunner like this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

This is deja vu of Vietnam all over again a wasted year of my life --- we have not fought a war to WIN since WW II ---58 thousand dead in Nam and how many dead in Afghanistan and permanently disabled. Our military has become a paper tiger not because of our soldiers but because of the higher up military leadership and politicians --bull shit rules of engagement. I am so glad I talked my youngest son out of going into the army he may have become another statistic. My heart goes out to all who have lost loved ones and those disabled. As long as I am on a rant why in the hell do our disabled serve vets have to rely on one penny of private donations for medical treatment. They should be covered 110% for their injures by the government no questions asked

11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The withdrawal was originally Trump's plan so look for that spin any time now. Had Trump served a second term it would not have washed out the way it is happening. The Taliban feared and respected Trump, but has zero fear or respect for Biden and his staff. They are very astute and knew that there was no downside to them as soon as they saw the cuck in chief set out an agenda to neuter and feminize our forces.

12. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

What is scary is no other enemy leader fears this illegitimate regime---- this is only the beginning of the aggressive behavior of our enemies.

image.

Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Well, we could always write them a stern letter if they tell us their preferred pronouns

14. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Handing over stacks of cold, hard CASH to some self absorbed twat in a mud hut just so their people don't blow up our troops is the very reason I decided not to reenlist after serving 12 years.
    The terrible side of this story is that this is a very serious game being played by mega corporations and their political puppets on two fronts, with the whole world held hostage as a result of this "terrorism" plot. In the past, it was Communism, but there is much more to be gained from fighting an enemy that cannot ever be eliminated, not when clandestine entities fund, train, and protect them. The outline was drawn up long ago, and the routine carefully planned and executed for "Russia V. United States" to wrestle for supremacy over the Middle East. This isn't really about jihadists, it's two giants in the playground. These superpowers have long been feigning war with each other, hell the Cold War went on long enough for us to remember that. The incentive to control the Middle East and profit from it is the only reason we haven't seen WWIII yet.
    I've been carefully watching these superpowers and their allies tip-toeing across the lines for many years now, and it's just a matter of time until the coffers start to run dry and new profits must be made, then we will see the major fireworks.

15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Fox News K.T. McFarland did a wonderful write-up on (today) on thoughts that have been rolling around in my head for the last two weeks. I spent a major portion of my life in the Stans but only one year in Afghanistan (in the early days, what I call the 'bad days') but I always knew it was a mistake from day one. I truly hoped that when we kicked Al Qaeda ass that we would leave...nope. Then I hoped after we killed Bennie Laden that we would leave...nope.

I had hoped that after Vietnam that we had learn something and I believe 'the People' did because 2-3 generations lived with the fallout but our government didn't because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It matters not the treasure or those killed, maimed or the decades following that we continue to pay for the lost of sons and daughter, mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, legs, arms and minds. Because it is ALL paid for by the People...not the government, they've no skin in the game, so why should they care. The peons pick up the costs and the costs last for decades after the conflict ends. Decades. Generations.

All we have done is make some folks and corporations very rich but, fear not! We will see much hand wringing, many promises and lots of finger pointing to ensure us peons that this never will happen again...well, for another 10-20 years if we are lucky.

'When I was in Afghanistan 15 years ago, a tribal leader tapped on his bare wrist and told me, "You Americans, you have the watches, but we have the time." ' - K.T. McFarland

I think we should have that engraved on every damn grave site, every tombstone of every fallen warrior lost there and those the fell back at home. Maybe it would help us remember...but I doubt it.

Kathleen McFarland says this in a great write-up but FOX didn't keep it on the front page very long... Why? Because it really doesn't matter what the peons want or don't want as long as they do as they are told: pay your taxes and give up your children as fodder. And, you did...again.

K.T. McFarland: Afghanistan was always Mission Impossible. Biden's living in fantasyland with this endgame | Fox News

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and 3M-TA3 like this.
  16. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

2+ trillion spent. The winner? China.

17. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Look at Iraq, the trillions spent, and the money that rolled into the pockets of the elites! Iraq was the first time corporations openly played at war fighting, and the profits rolled in by the truck load! Bush, Cheney, the whole lot of them made billions, and the mercenaries are so big now, and so we'll funded and equipped, they could fight most armies other then the major ones! Look at Blackwater and all the other "contractors" who our gov. sold all the supply and logistics to, supposed to have saved the U.S. tax payer having the Mil. do all that, instead, it made a bunch of nefarious dudes super rich and has been kept going so more nefarious dudes can get super rich! The trillions wasted in these "Wars" is truly mind bending, and I cannot help but think all of that could have been spent here at home fixing things that need fixed, but nope, greed is what drives all this, power and greed! Look at how much the Klintons profited in that time, in fact, look at all the major player politicians, Including sippy cup Joe the Pedo, how much did they make during those conflicts?????

Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  18. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

'When I was in Afghanistan 15 years ago, a tribal leader tapped on his bare wrist and told me, "You Americans, you have the watches, but we have the time." ' - K.T. McFarland
    Ho Chi Minh basically said the same thing and no one listened then and no one is listening now. Look where it has got us

19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

And here we go:
    Team Biden Blaming Donald Trump for Taliban Takeover of Afghanistan

"West Wing officials voiced their frustrations with former President Donald Trump in conversations with Axios reporter Jonathan Swan.

The officials complained that Trump only left them with 3,000 troops in Afghanistan, forcing them to withdraw because there was no way to keep the peace with such a small force, according to the report.

There was an early peace in Afghanistan, team Biden argued, only because Trump agreed to leave on May 1.

That was an argument that White House press secretary Jen Psaki used in July, noting Biden believed the Taliban “would have been shooting at U.S. troops again after May 1.”

“The withdrawal deadline negotiated by the previous administration kind of set that timeline,” she said.

Biden first chose to extend the deadline for troop withdrawals to September 11, but in July he moved up the timeline to August 31.

Biden also insisted in July that the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was “not inevitable” in an exchange with reporters.

When asked why he was confident, Biden signaled optimism regarding the strength of the Afghanistan army.

“The Afghan troops have 300,000 — as well-equipped as any army in the world — and an air force against something like 75,000 Taliban,” he said. “It is not inevitable.”

Trump himself criticized Biden’s handling of the withdrawal in Afghanistan in a statement on Thursday.

“I personally had discussions with top Taliban leaders whereby they understood what they are doing now would not have been acceptable,” he said, noting that if he was still president, he would have focused on a “conditions-based” withdrawal.”

What Biden was doing, Trump said, was “not acceptable.”

“It would have been a much different and much more successful withdrawal, and the Taliban understood that better than anyone,” he said.

Biden spent much of Thursday at the White House discussing what to do in Afghanistan, appearing two hours late for a scheduled speech at the White House about prescription drugs.

The Pentagon announced Thursday they had deployed about 3,000 troops to assist with the evacuation of Americans at the embassy in Kabul.

But the White House signaled Thursday they had no regrets about their decisions.

“The President is firmly focused on how we can continue to execute an orderly drawdown and protect our men and women serving in Afghanistan,” Psaki said in a statement to Fox News. “You heard him earlier this week: he does not regret his decision.” "​

Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

OMG is there nothing these SOB leftist won't blame Trump for. Trump gave use energy independence and in a blinlk of an eye Bidumb has made us dependent again --gas is up on average $1.30/ gallon and Bidumb is begging the Saudis to up production. Isn't insanity defined as doing th same thing over and over again. We saw this under Obummer and Bidumb is doing the same thing. Bidumb would rather screw the American people than admit Trump was right on anything

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  1. Ura-Ki
  2. Bandit99
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Motomom34
  9. Oltymer
  10. Motomom34
  11. 3M-TA3