Aim Well

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Sep 13, 2016.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

New system for self training I guess...

Don't Just Aim...AimWell! (Click on Video Below)

Aimwell Targets

2. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Nice, thanks for the link.

3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Would someone explain to me why you would use laser targeting. In a SHFT situation it just let's the target know where you are and at night it makes you a beacon. .... so I don't understand why anyone would use lasers for targeting outside of snipers.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

They are very good for training but, as you point out, they have limited use in a real world scenario. I am sure you have seen in films where the bad guy looks down and there's a red laser dot on his chest causing him to pause and reconsider so...so limited use.

Ganado and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Depends on their Laser, and if you are looking with Natural, or Enhanced Eyes..... Inferred Lasers are basically invisible to Natural Eyes, as are Red Lasers thru Clear Air... Green lasers show up pretty well if there is ANY dust Particles in the Air at all, under natural Eye viewing... If you have NightVision Eyes, then it depends on the Spectrum of the NightVision Goggles... As seen in "Zero Dark30" Green NightVision shows the Laser Sights, used on ALL the Weapons... being used.... as Beams of Light, dancing around..... The best Lasers for Ranging and unlikely to be used for Detection, would be Inferred Lasers, as they are NOT on 100% of the time and just get Pulsed when Ranging....

Ganado, Ura-Ki and Yard Dart like this.
  6. chimo

It's for training...repetition builds muscle memory and that muscle memory can save your butt when the stress of a real situation turns your mind into temporarily non-functioning mush.

You are not using the laser for targeting, but more for firing simulation. Draw, shoot, move, shoot again, move again, etc, etc, etc. No. it can't simulate the recoil, IMO it's better to learn trigger control without having to deal with the recoil...part of the reason why many train with a .22 replica or conversion of their sidearm. This doesn't eliminate the need to train with live ammo and actually shooting, but rather a tool to help you develop the proper form and muscle memory in the comfort of your own home, no ammo or range required.

Ganado, Ura-Ki and arleigh like this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If I understand all I think I know, AimWell does not illuminate the target; it is triggered when the gun's trigger is pressed and reports the hits using whatever sights are on the gun in the first place. It is NOT an aiming device such as commonly seen mounted on guns. Sort me out if I'm incorrect, I get that way now and then :lol:

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I like the concept , in a sense it is like learning to shoot from the hip, because in the dark I'm not providing beacon for perps to shoot at.
    Secondly the time lost raising the gun to line of sight can cost your life.
    Fast draw and deployment of the bullet, need to beat the gun drawn on you by the perp .
    I practice shooting both right and left handed, because it's necessary to maintain cover (if possible ) in a real fire fight.
    I practice with air guns of the same configuration as my regular fire arms .
    Triggers vary but the shape and operation is very much the same.
    They lack the recoil and report but it's good training as well , seeing that you want the fire arm recoil and repot to surprise you each time . Anticipation of these is what throws the consecutive shots off , especially in a stress situation.
    This training system gives a serious advantage being able to train real time in one's own home with out the possibility of damaging the house .
    My son and I trained with a last tag system and later trained with air soft (not in the house) .
    Live one one one competition is critical, in order to get a better perspective of what's at stake.
    Shooting paper or stationary or predictable moving targets is a FALSE sense of accomplishment.
    Be honest.

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Always practice!!! Live IS better, but not always feasible or practical for any number of reasons! I Carry a serious side arm, serious power and terminal ballistics, HOWEVER, the expense of the ammo can run very high in short order, so a system that allows me to practice with out the expense is going to allow much more needed practice then I would get other wise! I have been shooting combat pistol most of my life, and it never stops amazing me how much I learn and improve with practice, and it certainly builds muscle memory beyond what you would expect! I Have been using a 10 mm high cap pistol for 16 years, and this gets extremely expensive when practicing on a regular bases! Thankfully, I can also Practice with .40 S/W rounds and this combined with reloading really cuts down the cost close to what .22 ammo is running these days! I also seriously recommend getting training at least to an advanced level! For me, coming from a military mind set, getting training as a civilian really changed how I THINK and how I react, plus, it's yet more practice! I really learned a lot of new skills I never would have thought of, and I also learned a lot about pistol craft that was very different then the world I came from! I really like the idea of AIR SOFT, using the same type of pistol you normally carry. Combined with "Live Combat" against enemies can really teach you in ways you would never get except for real, and we don't want that training!!! In all my years, I had to rely on my considerable training a few times, and if not for the near constant drill and training I had, I wouldn't be here! Stay safe, Stay armed, and Stay trained!

Ganado likes this.
  10. chimo

You are correct sir! It's a freakin training device, not an aiming device.

Ganado likes this.
  11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

thank you all for answering, the clear answers and opinions you provided have given me much to think about.
    [biggrouphug]

12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

For any one thinking of something like this, there is a training aid that uses the I phone and a T.V. that I have seen adds for, it looks like much the same thing, but is WAY cheaper! I will see if I can find a link and post it up!

13. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Most interesting Ura-Ki will be watchin for it

14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I still say air soft arms live training with some one is more accurate training.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7