Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Yard Dart, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Was taking a look at this weapons sight the other day and was thinking about picking one up. Wondering if other Monkey's have this model or something in the similar price range.... and what you thought of it?
    Amazon.com : Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic : Rifle Scopes : Sports & Outdoors

stg58 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

This is the optic I was going to put on my AR's, but my eyes have so much astigmatism the red dot was a great big blur. Fortunately the Viper Spitfire prismatic scope is still sharp and clear for me and only drawback is that is doesn't have unlimited eye relief. I also like it's reticule better and if the batteries fail you still have a black reticule. Biggest disadvantage is that it doesn't have a QD mount. If my eyes were better I would have likely gone with the Aimpoint just for the track record and battery life.

Here is a better deal on the Aimpoint PRO - same price and LaRue adds one of their outstanding quick disconnect mounts: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic With Mount | LaRue Tactical . Don't know if the shipping is free, but the mount if worth over a hundred bux and well worth it. Similar deals on other optics as well.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

stg58, GOG and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7