Airsoft....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Hispeedal2, Nov 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I can't think of anything that pisses me off more than airsofters. You know, the dudes that are 20-30 years old and spend hundreds of dollars on a TOY that is made to look like a real gun (and costs the same). Recently, at work, I was searching for some videos to spurn discussion in a class and I happened upon an airsoft youtube video where these D-bags are doing what they called "CQB", but what really amounts to a bunch of adults (a few kids) who like to dress up like soldiers, use tactics off TV, and whom generally weigh over 250 lbs.

They flock to gun shows to sell there damn TOYS. It's a gun show from crying out-loud. It's not a TOY show.

Ever try shopping for a real firearms accessory on Ebay, Amazon, or other sites.... 3/4 of the listings are for stupid TOY accessories....

This is my rant for all the big kids that like to play with these TOYS- give it up. You are old enough now to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. If you want to dress up and play soldier, join the Armed Forces. At least there, you will learn not to flag your buddy while clearing a room. It's probably also time for you to move out of your parents' house...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have three airsoft blow-back handguns that are identical to the weapons that I shoot in USPSA competitions; an open, limited, and single-stack. These are the most realistic training devices that I own. I shoot live-fire drills with them and save hundreds of dollars in ammunition and that's saying a lot as I have five Dillon reloaders set up. I also have an airsoft MP5 that is a blast to shoot grass-hoppers with. I own more "real" guns than your average gun store, have been in more places where folks really shoot at you with real guns than most, and really don't have a problem playing shoot-back games with others with paint balls, airsoft, and video games. The fat ones are easist to hit.

3. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Well said ,also they make a great training tool for the grandsons !! JMHO

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I have to agree with Al on this one. Airsoft is foolish as it is marketed and practiced by most uneducated kids, especially the Canadians who cannot legally possess most firearms anyway.

As for a training aide, I see it being a possibility since it could be useful for ADULTS, but this simply isn't the case on most accounts. I wish there were a way to ban teenagers from YouTube, or at least set up a child mirror site for them called "Kidtube", because their silly airsoft videos make it very hard to find real info. But, all that aside, I still think airsoft is virtually worthless, with the only exception being a training aide for adults...

but, like I said before -mostly Canadians and American urban zombie kids. That's airsoft.

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Mall Ninjas make great adversaries. Light them fat puppies up with paint and tell me why that is any different than a game of soccer or golf?

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

ROFL! b::

7. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Having played on a "semi-pro" paintball team back in the late 80's early 90's, I know the fat bastards that play at PB are nothing more than nice juicy targets. The upside to this is paintball and airsoft a NON-LETHAL, and these guys view it as a game. That means they are flippant and half-serious about their tactical training, because frankly, it may sting, but you are not in mortal danger. These mall-ninjas treat it as a game. The team I was on, we viewed getting tagged with the same mortal fear as getting shot with real bullets.

Which means WTSHTF, they will be in the 80% die-off (or initial SHTF kill). They will be overconfident, under trained, and likely outgunned by more serious-minded, mature preppers.

The team I was on was composed of 60-75% (varied according to when, the team roster fluctuated according to a persons ability to afford to practice/compete) prior military and the remainder were either pre-military or LEO. I myself played until 1994, until I moved to another state to continue my education. These guys were serious. VERY serious about tactics, non-verbal communications, working with terrain, etc. Weather permitting the team was in the field, practicing, two to three days a week and competing on the weekends. Fire corridor drills, run and gun drills, squad tactics drills...you name it. Not a SINGLE one of the guys on my team carried more than 10 extra pounds of weight, if that, and that was from drinking too much beer. In a SHTF scenario, I would trade a tender portion of my anatomy to have even two of my old squad with me defending my B.O.L.

8. vegasrandall

vegasrandall Monkey+++

I went to a tacctical school taught by a israeli bad a** and we did a bit of airsoft man to man training and learned quite a bit about how easy it is to miss a man sized target 8 feet away. airsoft guns are very valuable for training.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7