ak surplus parts kits

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by evilgijoe88, Feb 24, 2008.

1. evilgijoe88

evilgijoe88 Monkey+++

i had a question about these, i know that some come with the semi automatic parts and ive been told that others do not. i hope that this isnt true as i would like to buy one. but as i already own an ak i dont want the ATF to say that i had intention of making mine fully auto.any and all info is greatly appreciated, thank you all ahead of time

2. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Some do come with the select fire parts. When you build the kit into a weapon on a manufactured reciever, the receiver won't contain the extra hole necessary to install the full auto parts. If you got a kit with the full auto parts, you would have to illegally drill the extra hole and install the parts, making yourself a instant federal felon. To not be a felon, don't drill the extra hole and throw the extra parts away or sell them to someone that can legally use them, that is what I did.

3. evilgijoe88

evilgijoe88 Monkey+++

but will it be an issue to simply own then since i allready have an ak that functions normally(sporting) ive read about the intent clause and as much as i'd like to have another ak i dont want to press my luck.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

It's a sad gad-damned day when you have to worry about if you might break some kind of bullshit law that doesn't make sense in the first place. Amerika; land of the sheep.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There is nothing wrong with owning more than one, so long as it won't go full auto (unless, of course you have the right license.) There is/are (at least one) guy here that has a few more than one, a collector, one might say. So many variations to collect, so few bux.

(Me? I like MBRs, but think one sample of each is enough for me. A couple of bolt actions, eventually a few semis of various flavors, you know how it goes.)

[boozingbuddies]

6. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

AK's are different than AR's because of the extra work involved in the installation of the full auto pack in an AK. You will be kosher unless you live in WA state, and a few other communist out crops. Supposedly when the current container ship of Romy kits came the rear disconnecter was left out for a reason similar to this. Not a big deal because US trigger parts come with one.

7. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Not really sure why youd want a FA AK, but shooting a full auto AK is as accurate as WWII carpet bombings.. it just goes everywhere my .02

8. evilgijoe88

evilgijoe88 Monkey+++

i definetly do nt want any ak i own to be full auto, it would eat through my small cache like crazy. i just wanted to make sure that if i bought a parts kit i wouldnt be accused of attempting to make my allready functiong ak into a full auto. i have one so far and would like to have another that still looks like a lady as well.kinda like the front grip on the romies

9. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No problems having the parts in your posession as long as your weapons don't have extra un-used holes drilled in the receivers.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7